Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope you'd like in your collection within budget.

On 16/03/2024 at 09:25, Mr Spock said:

Well, as the saying goes, "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true"

My logic is more practical though :wink2:

The research into a new telescope along with the anticipation and expectation.

• Like 2

On 29/03/2024 at 16:13, Chaz2b said:

Questar 3.5”…

I have the  plain field scope version (ex WD) , which does not come out much but so wondefully constructed I doubt I will ever part with it. The full bling and mount ones dont tempt me, but I can see the appeal.

I'd love a Lunt 60 double stack solar h-alpha telescope. It, or a single stack, could be in budget soon, but a dob is looking more likely to scoff the budget. Those solar scopes can get a lot of use during the year, though, especially if you can observe during lunchtime. So in a way, I think they're not as expensive as they look. Or perhaps a Solar Spectrum H-alpha filter.

Edited by LukeTheNuke
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, LukeTheNuke said:

I'd love a Lunt 60 double stack solar h-alpha telescope. It, or a single stack, could be in budget soon, but a dob is looking more likely to scoff the budget. Those solar scopes can get a lot of use during the year, though, especially if you can observe during lunchtime. So in a way, I think they're not as expensive as they look. Or perhaps a Solar Spectrum H-alpha filter.

I've a LS50DS, and yeah Ha is expensive!  I love it though - so quick and easy to throw outside for a quick few mins peep at what's going on... and now is a great time to have one with lots of activity.  Even after years of owning it, it still gets lots of use, even with Irish weather!!

(Of course a dob is a great thing too 😎)

Edited by niallk
  • Like 1