Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I need help scope turned up but my Vixen plates don't fit they need to be narrower but the worst thing is it cannot take 1.25mm eyepieces as you can see in the pictures can anyone help me please. 

20240308_110936.jpg

20240308_110946.jpg

20240308_111003.jpg

20240308_123002.jpg

20240308_123023.jpg

Edited by wookie1965

My Vixen Custom 90 came with a diagonal and 0.975”  eyepieces. Yours looks similar. I think you need a prism 1.25” diagonal with a Vixen 36.4mm thread. These come up quite often - try an eBay search or place a wanted ad. Looks like the scope came with a 43mm to 36.4mm adapter though this isn’t entirely clear from your measurements - looks like it’s what you have though from the 1st and 2nd images.

Edited by woldsman

44 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

There is an alternative screw in adapter that accepts 1.25" eyepieces.           🙂

I am just worried about the measurement when checking mine it reads 35.5mm as in the picture not 36.4mm. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, woldsman said:

My Vixen Custom 90 came with a diagonal and 0.975”  eyepieces. Yours looks similar. I think you need a prism 1.25” diagonal with a Vixen 36.4mm thread. These come up quite often - try an eBay search or place a wanted ad. 

I really want to use 1,25mm eyepieces as I have no 0.965  eyepieces.

3 minutes ago, Star Struck said:

I bought one of these:

https://www.baader-planetarium.co.uk/shop/baader-eyepiece-1-36-4mm-to-connect-to-vixen-takahashi-telescopes-t-2-part-11/

It works like a dream. You can then use any of your existing 1.25 diagonals.

I have looked at that but as said to Peter the measurements dont correspond for some reason.

Posted (edited)

This is the part that adaptor should screw into but as you can see the measurement is wrong.  The screw thread that screws into the focuser measures 42.8mm

20240308_135339.jpg

Edited by wookie1965

Some years back I converted an old Prinz scope to take (modern) 1.25" eyepieces.
The not quite 36mm thread and Vixen adapter ring a bell.
If I can recall the details I will add them.
I do recall that when the fit was not quite right (couple of tenths of millimetres on diameter) I used a screw thread gauge as a scraper on the female thread to make things fit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, woldsman said:

The measurements may not be exact but that like a 43mm to 36.4mm adapter.  

That I dont know being slightly different especially where the 1.25mm adapter would screw in as its 1mm out.

I've replied to your PM Paul.

For the eyepieces I think what you need is a 36.4mm - 31.7mm push fit adapter, like this:

Vixen 1.25" Telescope Eyepiece Adapter 0.965" to 1.25" Ships from USAの ...

Edited by John

1 hour ago, John said:

I've replied to your PM Paul.

For the eyepieces I think what you need is a 36.4mm - 31.7mm push fit adapter, like this:

Vixen 1.25" Telescope Eyepiece Adapter 0.965" to 1.25" Ships from USAの ...

Thanks John just replied I'm up the wall feel like chucking it in the tip. 

Measurements don't add up and like I posted to you this happened getting the cell back together. 

Feel like crying nothing goes right for me. 

Paul 

20240308_171246.jpg

20240308_171211.jpg

20240308_170835.jpg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Thanks John just replied I'm up the wall feel like chucking it in the tip. 

Measurements don't add up and like I posted to you this happened getting the cell back together. 

Feel like crying nothing goes right for me. 

Paul 

20240308_171246.jpg

20240308_171211.jpg

20240308_170835.jpg

Oh no! Really sorry to see this Paul. Didn’t know you were taking the objective apart, did it need cleaning between the elements?

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Oh no! Really sorry to see this Paul. Didn’t know you were taking the objective apart, did it need cleaning between the elements?

Yes someone must of had it apart the whole cell was loose and the glass inside was smudged told you I'm cursed if it can happen it will.  really feel like taking the tip.

13 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Yes someone must of had it apart the whole cell was loose and the glass inside was smudged told you I'm cursed if it can happen it will.  really feel like taking the tip.

😩😩 did you know that when you bought it? Pretty bad if not.

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

😩😩 did you know that when you bought it? Pretty bad if not.

No I knew it came with no attachments but I would of expected it to say it only had 0.965 attachment and did not take 1.25mm eyepieces. The dovetail and finder scope I can live with and there is no sending it back now.

Sorry to read this Paul ☹️.   Despite the damage, if the areas are blacked out there will be little affect on the performance, a resale would take a big hit unfortunately.  I had a 90mm Vixen with a much larger chip and it still worked fine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Sorry to read this Paul ☹️.   Despite the damage, if the areas are blacked out there will be little affect on the performance, a resale would take a big hit unfortunately.  I had a 90mm Vixen with a much larger chip and it still worked fine.  

Thanks Peter I have been told to put black electrical tape over it. Like this. 

20240308_183129.jpg

Edited by wookie1965

That should do fine Paul.  Compare that with the size of the obstruction on small Mak's and SCT's and you will see that there is little to worry about regarding performance.    🙂

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

That should do fine Paul.  Compare that with the size of the obstruction on small Mak's and SCT's and you will see that there is little to worry about regarding performance.    🙂

Just need to find a adapter now all say 36.4 to 1.25mm , The chrome fitting is 41.5 internal and the piece that screws in is 42.7 

Best wishes 

Paul;

20240308_171211.jpg

20240308_171246.jpg