Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan App dropping Wifi (with SkySafari): solved (mostly)

When Synscan becomes background, the WiFi times out after 15 minutes and connections drop (with apps other than SkySafari too). Workaround for newer tablets (phones) that do not have a "keep open" option, and just have the single swipe bar at the bottom (not the three buttons): Use SkySafari/Synscan in split-screen mode (I had to find a YouTube tutorial to show me how to do that). Drag the thin bar at the bottom half way up - this puts you in recent apps mode. Click on the title bar of say the Synscan app and hold, choose split screen - you can then drag its "window" to about 1/3 from the top. Then choose SkySafari and it will take the lower 2/3. When I go to an observation and click on the mic for voice-to-text, the app expands to more screen real estate, but then pops back to the lower 2/3. Ran a mount for more than 2h this afternoon, no disconnections!

Note that the above may be obvious to expert tablet users, but it wasn't to me, a relative tablet newb.