Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sirilic error stacking multiple sessions

Hi, I'm trying to stack 3 different sessions on the Soul Nebula using Sirilic on mac. I have successfully done it for two sessions, but with 3 I'm encountering problems. When pre-processing the console returns the following message:

log: #TAG#{ [4] Merge ...
log: #
log: # Group Directory
log: Running command: cd
0: running command cdlog: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to '/Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/GROUP'
log: Running command: merge
0: running command mergelog: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to '/Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/S01/IMAGES'
log: Checking sequences in the directory: /Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/S01/IMAGES.
~~~ warning:Reading sequence failed, file cannot be opened: pp_images.seq.
seqfile 'images_.seq' already exists, not overwriting
Writing sequence file pp_images_.seq
Sequence found: pp_images_ 1->35
Reading sequence file `pp_images.seq'.
Reading sequence file `pp_images_.seq'.
bitpix for the sequence is set as 20
log: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to '/Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/GROUP'
log: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to '/Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/S02/IMAGES'
log: Checking sequences in the directory: /Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/S02/IMAGES.
Sequence found: pp_images_ 1->38
log: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to '/Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/GROUP'
log: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to '/Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/S03/IMAGES'
log: Checking sequences in the directory: /Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work/IC1848/DSLR/S03/IMAGES.
Sequence found: pp_images_ 1->40
log: All sequences must be the same format for merging. Sequence `../S03/IMAGES/pp_images' is different
log: Error in line 82 ('merge'): generic error.
log: Exiting batch processing.
log: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to '/Volumes/T7/External Astrophotography/Siril/Work'
log: Script execution failed.

I think the issue is with "Log: All sequences must be the same format for merging. Sequence `../S03/IMAGES/pp_images' is different" but I'm not sure how to solve it. The only thing that I see that possibly creates an issue is that for sessions 1 and 2 I used the files saved on the DSLR SD card (6020x4019 px), for session 3, because I forgot to put the SD card back in, I took the files saved on the AsiAir mini (6020x4020 px). Is this the problem? Or is that a different and additional problem? I'm still very much a beginner and looking to understand what this issue is about. I tried to manually register all the sessions in Siril but it returns the same error. 

Any tips/suggestions? Thanks so much for the help!

On 09/11/2023 at 09:51, Bluesboystig said:

The only thing that I see that possibly creates an issue is that for sessions 1 and 2 I used the files saved on the DSLR SD card (6020x4019 px), for session 3, because I forgot to put the SD card back in, I took the files saved on the AsiAir mini (6020x4020 px). Is this the problem?

That is the problem. Siril likes all files to be same size. Workaround is to register the odd set and then crop in Siril directly.

Edited by AstroMuni
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AstroMuni said:

That is the problem. Siril likes all files to be same size. Workaround is to register the odd set and then crop in Siril directly.

Thanks for that. Basically my only option here is to register and stack s01 and s02 together, then register and stack s03 separately, then crop manually both results to the same size in px (not sure how to do that in Siril), then stack the two? 

28 minutes ago, Bluesboystig said:

Thanks for that. Basically my only option here is to register and stack s01 and s02 together, then register and stack s03 separately, then crop manually both results to the same size in px (not sure how to do that in Siril), then stack the two? 

Create a sequence for S03, register it. Then draw a selection, right click & select crop sequence. Siril will create a new sequence with cropped images. If this is same size as the images taken for S01/2 then Sirilc will be able to handle the new set of images and do the stacking etc.

As you have just 1px difference I would suggest doing it using command line SEQCROP.

seqcrop sequencename x y width height [-prefix=]
Crops the sequence given in argument sequencename. Only selected images in the sequence are processed.

The crop selection is specified by the upper left corner position x and y and the selection width and height, like for CROP.
The output sequence name starts with the prefix "cropped_" unless otherwise specified with -prefix= option

Edited by AstroMuni
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AstroMuni said:

Create a sequence for S03, register it. Then draw a selection, right click & select crop sequence. Siril will create a new sequence with cropped images. If this is same size as the images taken for S01/2 then Sirilc will be able to handle the new set of images and do the stacking etc.

As you have just 1px difference I would suggest doing it using command line SEQCROP.

seqcrop sequencename x y width height [-prefix=]
Crops the sequence given in argument sequencename. Only selected images in the sequence are processed.

The crop selection is specified by the upper left corner position x and y and the selection width and height, like for CROP.
The output sequence name starts with the prefix "cropped_" unless otherwise specified with -prefix= option

Thanks so much for this, I'll try this weekend!

Hi

I think you're trying to pre-process frames of different sizes. AFAIK, the aligning/coalescing/distorting/rotating has to be done in the registration step.

In Siril:

Pre-process each night separately then make a new sequence of all the pre-processed files. NOW you can register.

HTH

Edited by alacant
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:34, alacant said:

Hi

I think you're trying to pre-process frames of different sizes. AFAIK, the aligning/coalescing/distorting/rotating has to be done in the registration step.

In Siril:

Pre-process each night separately then make a new sequence of all the pre-processed files. NOW you can register.

HTH

It worked, all the lights need to be calibrated by night, then put together in one folder, registered together, then stacked. Thanks so much for the help!