SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newcommer saying hello

inspectapart

Hi, my name is Bob, I have been a stargazer for many years but only now am I getting to take this hobby a bit more serious. (got more time)

I have a Vixen 102M refractor on a Vixen SP motorised mount. ( just fitted new DD1 motors (instead of twiddling and vibrating every 30 seconds) and I find the set up really great. However, like all good hobbies, you never seem to have the end article and are forever trying to better the stuff you`ve got. At the moment i`m looking to buy a Celestron/Vixen 102 Flourite. these scopes are supposed to be as good if not better than the Takahashi 102 FS and they come at a decent price.

Previous scopes have been: TAL 1 4" reflector.: home made 6" reflector. and Meade 7" Mak. ( a bit on the heavy side to cart in and out but a great planetry scope )

Still thinking of a goto system `cos I don`t know where all the M numbers and fuzzies are, and the other night I spent 2 hrs trying to find M108 and M109. Found M81 and 82 tho`Many thanks, Bob

Archived