Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What would the “best of each range” set be?

IB20

On 13/09/2023 at 05:49, Piero said:

Mes favoris d'après ce que j'ai essayé :

- médecin

- Zoom Zeiss d-vario 20-75x (à f6, pas à f4)

- Vixen HR 2,4 mm (avait également 3,4 mm et 2,0 mm)

- Vixen SLV 5mm (avait aussi 9mm)

- Delos 6 (a/avait également 12 mm, 8 mm, 4,5 mm)

-N22T4

- N9T6 (a également/avait 2x 13 mm et 2x 7 mm)

- 24 Pan (avait également 35 mm)

- APM XWA 7 mm (a/avait également 20 mm de marque Lunt, 9 mm et 4,77 mm)

- 30 mm APM UFF

J’en ai essayé beaucoup d’autres bien sûr, mais ce sont/étaient ceux que j’appellerais les meilleurs que j’ai essayés.

No Takahashi ?

No nikon ?

🫣😩🤷

2 hours ago, John said:

Sorry for the delayed reply - I've been away.

I was referring to Tele Vue's parfocal group "B". The eyepieces that conform with this are listed in column 4G in this table:

Tele Vue Optics: Tele Vue Eyepiece Specifications

That's interesting. Instead, I refer to the TV paracorr2 specifications for the parfocal groups of TV eyepieces: https://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=61&Tab=_ttop .

The reason is that I find important to be able to quantify the travel distance between groups. For instance, Ethos 21mm is A whereas Ethos 10mm is H and each letter is separated by 0.1" or 2.54mm. Using the same scale it is possible to infer non-TV eyepieces quite easily using a TV eyepiece. For instance, the APM UFF 30mm is G.

Edited by Piero
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Piero said:

That's interesting. Instead, I refer to the TV paracorr2 specifications for the parfocal groups of TV eyepieces: https://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=61&Tab=_ttop .

The reason is that I find important to be able to quantify the travel distance between groups. For instance, Ethos 21mm is A whereas Ethos 10mm is H and each letter is separated by 0.1" or 2.54mm. Using the same scale it is possible to infer non-TV eyepieces quite easily using a TV eyepiece. For instance, the APM UFF 30mm is G.

I've never used a Paracorr so I'm rather ignorant about the way that they group eyepieces.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2023 at 10:45, Littleguy80 said:

I think I’ve pretty much ended up with that kinda set. APM 30mm UFF, APM HDC 20mm, Docter 12.5mm, Delos 10mm, Pentax XW 5mm and Vixen HR 3.4mm. I started out with a more matching set but over time just starting picking whatever seemed best for my tastes at particular focal lengths. 

The only EP's I could think of adding is the Nagler 31 mm and maybe a TOE 4 mm when the seeing is not good enough to support the HR 3.4 mm.

The 30 mm UFF I have and really is in a class of it' own.

And yes I would add the Noblex 12.5 mm to my collection as well. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 4.5 mm morpheus and its an outstanding EP, I'll be grabbing the 17.5mm when I get a chance they're extremely comfortable to use I'm tempted to sell My ES 82° eps but I've also got my eye on getting an  astrophotography setup it's to easy to spend a fortune with this hobby.

• Like 1