Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party Autumn 2023

Freff

Just booked Thu to Sun. Did it online as in Italy at the moment so not had a pitch number given as yet - but did mention the group on the booking info. 

I’ll need to work from there on Fri during the day - but looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife (Cath) and I have book a meal at the Royal Oak for Saturday 6.30pm. 

Tables are very limited in the Bar, the Lounge, where we were the last time will be used for the Rugby match.

If you want to book a meal, best do it ASAP, and say you are with the Astronomy Group.

They have told me they will pull tables together if there is enough of us.  Book in your own name.

Please let me know if you booked.

Edited by Freff

48 minutes ago, mdstuart said:

I have just booked in. Bringing my 8 inch dob and some binoculars. See you all later.

Mark ....the galaxy hunter

Nice one Mark, look forward to meeting up again. 

9 hours ago, L8-Nite said:

Dorothy & I will be up for a visit on Saturday. Looking forward to catching up with friends and fellow observers. 🙂

Will have the kettle on ready. 👍

• Like 1

Can't believe this: possibly my first ever star party under dark skies which are clear for more than 10mins! It's only taken six parties to achieve this.....😂

I've probably put the kybosh on it now and the sunset will bring a hurricane.....

For the first time ever for me, an extended dark-sky session! I know I should have been looking for faint fuzzies but spent all my time on Saturn, Jupiter, the Pleiades and double stars in U. Major (apart from Mizar, no idea what the others were!). Finding anything was a challenge because of the sheer number of stars. Apparently, tomorrow will be the same....🤔

• Like 5

Looks great I made the mistake of forgetting that I got married 19 years ago this weekend 😳so sadly won’t make weather looks great for you all I just snook into observatory Jupiter was majestic!!! Enjoy all

• Like 1

Many thanks to everyone who attended the SWAG Autumn star party.

A successful  event with good skies, great company and a good evening at the pub. 

For the SWAG event next spring, I have pencilled in March 8th - 10th with the New Moon on the 10th.

I have also got the Autumn SWAG star party ear marked for October 4th - 6th with the New Moon on 2nd.

Again many thanks to all.

@ Clive, you left before I had chance to return your red light. Please PM me where I can return it to you. Thanks.

Edited by Freff
Wrong Data