Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello all,

I'm a bit confused processing the North America Nebula on Pixinsight. 

When I look at images online the inside tends to be blueish with golden around. 

Mine looks like this ! If I remove the green noise it just becomes completely brown.

Any tips? 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 16.24.24.png

The SHO application to RGB is just the first step and a lot more image processing is needed to get the blue/gold colours. I found this tutorial for SHO processing in PI very useful and was what I used to process my Pelican Nebula. I think these are more the colours you were hoping for. 🙂

It looks like you're using a modded DSLR with a dual band filter, so HOO processing may be more applicable to you, unless you also use a separate SII filter.

Alan

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, symmetal said:

The SHO application to RGB is just the first step and a lot more image processing is needed to get the blue/gold colours. I found this tutorial for SHO processing in PI very useful and was what I used to process my Pelican Nebula. I think these are more the colours you were hoping for. 🙂

It looks like you're using a modded DSLR with a dual band filter, so HOO processing may be more applicable to you, unless you also use a separate SII filter.

Alan

Hi Alan, thank you ! No, I'm using a mono camera ZWO2600MM , it's the first time (I need to change my equipment in the signature).

I'll check the tutorial out. Thank you!

Edited by Leti Theobald

1 hour ago, Leti Theobald said:

Hi Alan, thank you ! No, I'm using a mono camera ZWO2600MM , it's the first time (I need to change my equipment in the signature).

I'll check the tutorial out. Thank you!

As you have a mono camera then that's great. The tutorial is quite easy to follow so you should be fine. Post your results. 🙂

Alan

1 hour ago, symmetal said:

As you have a mono camera then that's great. The tutorial is quite easy to follow so you should be fine. Post your results. 🙂

Alan

Still not looking right, can't understand why the middle is going brown 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 21.10.19.png

1 hour ago, symmetal said:

Alan

Alan, ignore me! I got the filters second hand and they were in the wrong packaged so basically I have Si and Oiii in the wrong place so everything is looking very weird. I might delete this out of embarressment 

The middle is the 'golden' colour, it's just low intensity. Use the standard 'curves' control to brighten the middle range of the image. Also, using the Hue selection on the 'curves' you can move selected colour ranges in a direction which looks better.

Alan

1 minute ago, Leti Theobald said:

Alan, ignore me! I got the filters second hand and they were in the wrong packaged so basically I have Si and Oiii in the wrong place so everything is looking very weird. I might delete this out of embarressment 

Easily done. 😊 It won't change the final colours as such, just put them in different areas which is why it looks weird. Time for a take 2. 😁

Alan

• Haha 1

Just now, symmetal said:

Easily done. 😊 It won't change the final colours as such, just put them in different areas which is why it looks weird. Time for a take 2. 😁

Alan

Will try the tutorial again and post my lovely new image :)

• Like 1