Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Copernicus 29th May

Roy Foreman

Still processing data from the last five clear nights, but I thought this selective enlargement of Copernicus was good enough to post.

Celestron C9.25 XLT

ZWO ASI 183MM

Pro Planet 642 IR filter

30% of 2000 frames at 19 fps.

21_18_22 c1.jpg

• Like 16

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Nice capture Roy. Showing good detail. Btw how many excellent scopes do you have. ?

Neil, as a collector I have about 35 scopes.  It has taken many years. The C9.25 is my most recent acquisition and for lunar is proving to be the sharpest of them all,  besting the skymax 180, 150mm ED, 10" Cass,  16" Newt, and completely trashing the 8" Edge. Its reputation is well deserved. 

I am experimenting with using field flattener to get a wider flat field. Initial results look encouraging.

2 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Neil, as a collector I have about 35 scopes.  It has taken many years. The C9.25 is my most recent acquisition and for lunar is proving to be the sharpest of them all,  besting the skymax 180, 150mm ED, 10" Cass,  16" Newt, and completely trashing the 8" Edge. Its reputation is well deserved. 

I am experimenting with using field flattener to get a wider flat field. Initial results look encouraging.

Wow. I had about 6 or 7 at one point. I get the thing of beauty. Each different with there own character. Those C9.25s do have a reputation, Don't think I've ever seen a bad image from one.  If there's one scope i would replace my 8" Stella lyra with.  It would be that scope. Though i am happy with my baby CC its really a sharp lunar scope. Its forte  no question. Hope to see more from your Celestron Roy. Its a lovely capture again