Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus clouds in UV (13/05/23)

Kon

I managed to capture some Venus clouds under good seeing yesterday afternoon. Quite happy with the features that I managed to pull considering they were not very obvious during the capture. False colour combining IR/sG/UV; I am satisfied with the colour balance. 8" Dob manual, asi 426mm, Astromania UV and IR pass filters, 2.5x TV powermate. Resized 150%.

image.png.3aa63bd538adb07fbbe3372aceaadb4d.pngimage.png.74950b7ef7b9999dfe6ebebb82cd1fb0.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Lots of detail again Kostas. Interesting texture on the UV image making the cloud formation almost look 3D.

Thanks. I thought the same when I was looking at it during processing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Ties in with what I was seeing. Though obviously it didn't look like that! I saw some very subtle shadings in similar areas to your image, just reversed (refractor).

I am glad it helped you. I had a quick look through the eyepiece last week and I think I could see some subtle differences in brightness which must have been some clouds. Still exciting to see them as well as image them.

• Kon changed the title to Venus clouds in UV (13/05/23)
1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Always fascinating seeing the patterns and swirls in UV. Great capture.

Thanks. It is very dynamic and always new features. I am glad to have got into UV imaging.

• Like 1