Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO Seestar 50

I always use the 2.4 g not the 5 g setting, not a problem and when in a longer range I use a signal booster. It seems to be working but I haven't had a good nite to give 1.13 a good run, I will try it this afternoon.

Edited by LDW1

44 minutes ago, trailer said:

I’m pretty sure Station mode only works on the 2.4G frequency.

My initial setup was in 5GHz when I activated Station mode, I later reset by switching to 2.4GHz before switching back.  Have you seen anything suggesting it only works in 2.4GHz? That would mean it switches frequency automatically when using Station mode.

When I first set up in station mode the SS stayed at 5GhZ, and I had to manually switch my SS to 2.4 GhZ (my wifi repeater only works in 2.4GhZ) 

That was a few iterations of software ago, but I don't see why they would change it.

3 hours ago, nicoscy said:

Station mode works in 2.4 only. First switch to 2.4 and then you can switch on station mode and connect to your home network.

No. It works 2.4 & 5 on the Seestar. The Asiair is 2.4 only.

There are several of us on SGL using it on 5GHz

I ordered ordered my Seestar from FLO on Monday after they sent me an email I read at 9.0 AM that said they had them in stock,

at that point the website said they had 75 in stock,  they sold them all before teatime !!!!! .

It arrived yesterday Wednesday, fantastic service. I can't wait now to try them both  on the same DSO, and different ones at the same time.

I only took up this hobby  in the middle of Summer, and only now have I realised how few clear nights we actually get here in the north of England.

( 4 in 4 months for me 🙂

Now every hour on a clear sky now will be like having 3 hours of Data to play with ( using my skywatcher as well )

On 21/12/2023 at 03:36, nicoscy said:

Mine refuses to connect in 5G but does not object to 2.4 at all. Probably some kind of bug…

When i first got mine I panicked when it could not find the seestar but then I realised it wasn't the Seestar but I was using an old tablet that did not have 5g! I am sure that is not your problem but it is worth mentioning. 

On 20/12/2023 at 22:36, nicoscy said:

Mine refuses to connect in 5G but does not object to 2.4 at all. Probably some kind of bug…

Many prefer 2.4 g, using it extends the connection range.  I never use 5g even though I could, my SS works great on 2.4 g.

• Like 1

Hi, having a problem getting my Motorola Moto 8 running Android 11 to Bluetooth connect to my Seestar S50, and as that is used to set up the initial connection, it won't connect on the Seestar's WiFi.

Must be a issue with the phone (or more likely the user) as the Seestar connected easily to my wife's iPad.

I have tried resetting both devices, turning off home WiFi, turning off mobile data.

Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

Does the phone's Bluetooth work fine connecting to other devices? I.e. do you need to set Bluetooth permissions somewhere on the phone?

A workaround could be to set up 'base mode' on the Seestar using the iPad - base mode (in the Seestar WiFi menu,) connects to your home WiFi, and any device on the WiFi running the Seestar app should be able to find your Seestar.

2 hours ago, Giles_B said:

Does the phone's Bluetooth work fine connecting to other devices? I.e. do you need to set Bluetooth permissions somewhere on the phone?

A workaround could be to set up 'base mode' on the Seestar using the iPad - base mode (in the Seestar WiFi menu,) connects to your home WiFi, and any device on the WiFi running the Seestar app should be able to find your Seestar.

Thanks for the reply, I can get the Bluetooth to identify the S50 but it refuses to pair, I have checked the settings and can't see any reason why it would not.

I will give the work around a go tonight.

Thanks.

Twins !

Charged and ready, these two will compete against each other on those dark, clear nites. I want to test them, compare them on dso's under various conditions and times, my head is full of thoughts. This kind of thing is my enjoyment, its what I like !IMG_4713.thumb.jpeg.0152356a416465a79dac31b09d86dcf6.jpeg

• Like 4

Came across the S50 by chance catching up on threads on here, did some research and ordered one from FLO yesterday, they are now out of stock so seem popular. Cannot wait to receive it and image my first DSO after years of visual observations, i will be able to image and visually observe now.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, PaulM said:

Came across the S50 by chance catching up on threads on here, did some research and ordered one from FLO yesterday, they are now out of stock so seem popular. Cannot wait to receive it and image my first DSO after years of visual observations, i will be able to image and visually observe now.

You sure won't regret it !

Home made using two cake tins with a metal hoop from an old meccano kit trapped between the two tins, a long bolt with the washer.Fitted to an old tripod hand turned to slowly calibrate the compass, just to see if it would work it's ok when your sat down next to it. tested it out catching the sun

Hi all, been a while since I posted in here, so thought I'd drop in as my Seestar arrived on Saturday and I got my first session in on Sunday. I'm so impressed with how simple it is to use. Literally five minutes between getting it out of the case and stacking images. It's a total game changer for me.

I had the grandson staying over so had limited time but managed thirty minutes on the Triangulum galaxy. 

IMG_20231231_202232.jpg

• Like 4

just turned on my s50 while there are breaks in the clouds and this happened, seestar sS50 turns to jupiter red & blue box merge as 1 it says identifying  then centering 5th attempt any idea what it means 

Received my S50 today, easy to setup via app, charged it up a bit, plonked it on a patio table no alignment or faffing told it to point at M42 and 10 minutes of imaging land an upload to astrocooker I have this image. To me this is a dream come true, I can visually observe now and image at the same time.

FB_IMG_1704407981596.jpg

• Like 5