Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from one of UK South Coast's Moon Week crew.

Gridkeeper

Hi, I've been into astronomy for a while although I am certainly no expert and don't usually join proper astronomy forums. The reason why I've joined this forum is to show some moon footage which was filmed a few days ago during UK's moon week. I did join another forum but now I've been blocked from posting there and accused of making fake moon videos.

I will post this here and if you guys are ok with me (you all seem nice from what I've seen so far) then maybe I'll post some more and join in a bit. I do not want to be accused of spamming forums as that's another thing I've been accused of previously.

Some of you may know of me some of you may not. I don't make videos about aliens although I do post UFO videos of objects which I do not know the origins of, hence the term "UFO".

Also I don't claim there's anything artificial on the moon. I've seen some strange looking structures but I don't know what they are made of and have never claimed to know.

I also believe we landed on the moon.

This video is of Clavius and was filmed after reading viewing instrctions from the BBC Sky at Night magazine.

All images were filmed through a 12" LX90 Meade telescope with a Sony Camcorder by John Lenard Walson. My scope is a bit Rubbish compared to his.

I lost the sharpening tools for ulead in my pc so coudn't djust for the YouTube upload conversion quality.

All Iwould like is some feedback from other astronomers regarding the quality of pictures and video and to know if anyone else has filmed images like these as I can't find anyone who has, only pictures.

Altogether we made 6 films for moon week and this was my personal favourite.

many thanks, Gridkeeper.

This video says it plays in HD which is not true HD. Although a better quality I don't know why YouTube have the option when it's not true HD.

Clavius Moon Crater filmed from Earth for Moon Week UK 2009

Video Link:

I will post this here and if you guys are ok with me (you all seem nice from what I've seen so far) then maybe I'll post some more and join in a bit. I do not want to be accused of spamming forums as that's another thing I've been accused of previously.

Some of you may know of me some of you may not. I don't make videos about aliens although I do post UFO videos of objects which I do not know the origins of, hence the term "UFO".

As long as we keep it to Astronomy and Astronomy only then there will be no issues.

:)

As long as we keep it to Astronomy and Astronomy only then there will be no issues.

:)

Thankyou, that is nice to hear. I am here to learn something. If someoone arrives here to attack me then I'll leave the forum. I'm sick of it happening.

Welcome to SGL.

John

Sorry I should have made it clearer. John is my friend with the 12" meade, I have a 5" Russian scope and I don't know what it's called. I go out filming the moon with my friend John who is the "expert" on the moon. Although saying that John has only taught himself what he knows. By joining a serious astronomy forum I hope to learn much about the subject and pass that knowledge onto John.

John does not represent hhhhis work in forums as he is heavily dyslexic and because of that no one will take him seriously. So we are a team.

I just realised I didn't put my real name in the post above. My name is Duncan and my internet avatar is Gridkeeper.

regards.

Thankyou, that is nice to hear. I am here to learn something. If someoone arrives here to attack me then I'll leave the forum. I'm sick of it happening.

If someone arrives here for the sole purpose of attacking you (DO NOT REACT TO IT) just leave it to the moderators, they are quite good at sorting out the undesirable element within SGL.

Welcome to SGL Duncan.

A vast number of people that image the moon on SGL do so with a webcam (of sorts). I myself have taken many movies like yours, but they are processed into a final image and deleted.

One single AVI to produce one final image can be anywhere between 500Mb and 2Gb. (so personally I never keep them).

I look forward to seeing more.

Ant

HI all and thankyou for the warm welcome. I've just uploaded this video of Copernicus. I was looking on moon maps to find the name of the crater to the left of it in the video. Could someone tell me what the smaller crater in the video is called please. Many thanks.

Lunar Moon Crater Copernicus Close up 2009

Thanks. I've still not had a good chance to fully explore the forum but have a week off and will make a start. I'll check out the moon maps now.here's three recent films; one of Copernicus, Clavius and also a nice triangle shape which i think is the same as the one the Indian's took a picture of.Moon Picture (triangle) taken through a 12" LX90 Meade Telescope (UK)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4V9a4Uu1jkLunar Moon Crater Copernicus Close up 2009http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYa1LyVWiaQI've seen many of these tall structures on the moon. The only explanation i can think of is that when the moon is hit by something hot that a large amount of silica is forced straight back up into the atmosphere and solidifies so quickly that the large towers are formed and the silica dust turned to glass. I haven't got a clue if that's possible but it's the only logical thing I can think of and may explain why some of the towers reflect so much light.Tall Moon Tower / Mountain / Monolith in the Clavius area.

Archived