SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M1 Crab Nebula

AndyThilo

2 minutes ago, glafnazur said:

That is really nice, as soon as I gazed upon it I thought wow that's lovely 👍

Thanks, I was really surprised with the image considering it's a heavy crop and 1/4 of the images had high cloud lol. All credit to the IMX571!

• Like 1

I also have the 294MC and am seriously considering an upgrade to the 2600MC. The one thing that has held me back is whether I would see enough of a difference between the two cameras to be able to justify the cost (amp glow differences aside). It's reassuring that you were surprised by the increase in quality. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexd said:

I also have the 294MC and am seriously considering an upgrade to the 2600MC. The one thing that has held me back is whether I would see enough of a difference between the two cameras to be able to justify the cost (amp glow differences aside). It's reassuring that you were surprised by the increase in quality. Thanks.

The 294 amp glow has never bothered me and I’ve never had issues with calibrating it. But the 2600 is just another level and is definitely worth the upgrade.

Great image and I fully agree about the ASI2600MC. In my case I upgraded from an ASI071 some years ago and everything was just cleaner and deeper. Since then I never use darks (I made some master darks but never noticed any improvement by using them). I soon sold the ASI071 to finance a second ASI2600MC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gorann said:

Great image and I fully agree about the ASI2600MC. In my case I upgraded from an ASI071 some years ago and everything was just cleaner and deeper. Since then I never use darks (I made some master darks but never noticed any improvement by using them). I soon sold the ASI071 to finance a second ASI2600MC.

Thanks Gorann! I always use darks, my OCD won't let me stack without them lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gorann said:

This may be true to the eye. But did you measure the pixel values before and after calibration?  Even a small difference makes it worth doing, as many small differences add up and in the cumulative can improve the data.  I know I need all the help I can get……and the some