Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Jellyfish - two pane mosaic.

Adreneline

This is 60 x 300s of SHO taken with a SharpStar 13028HNT + ASI183MM and 6 nm Astronomik filters.

I don't usually like any green in my images but for some strange reason it seems to work in this particular case - for me at least.

IC443-SS183-SHO.thumb.jpg.d29fe301c97b3ad8eea2d6b01cdc3f97.jpg

Pre-processed in APP. Post-processed in PI.

Keeping Propus and Tejat Posterior under control is a real challenge so here's a starless version; I understand P & TP are no where near the nebula itself.

IC443-SS183-SHO-starless.thumb.jpg.6814c63f8d2ff1d5ccde2e9fe4ce47be.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 30

18 hours ago, Adreneline said:

it seems to work in this particular case - for me at least.

That looks great Adrian.  The very faint tendrils dealt with well and are really shown off in the starless version where their extension right down the left side of the "jellyfish" are clear.  The starless image also shows the subtlety of the transition into the "plume" - both in colour and interesting detail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geeklee said:

The very faint tendrils dealt with well and are really shown off in the starless version

Music to my ears! You can't beat a starless version 🤣

Joking aside, thank you for the kind and generous comments Lee. I thought you'd pick me up on the 'green' - rest assured I am not a changed man - this is an exception 😆

I am pleased with the way it has worked out though - APP doing its magic again joining the panes together.

Glad you like it.

Adrian

• Like 1

Thank you @tomato, @simmo39 and @The Admiral for your kind comments - I'm glad you like the image.

I am happy being in the minority liking starless images. I don't have a problem with stars but if I am imaging a nebula I like to focus on just that and I love these star removal tools.

3 hours ago, The Admiral said:

The resolution a 130mm can bring is clear.

I think the small pixels of the ASI183MM also help and any disadvantage they present due to small size are to some extent offset by the f2.8 of the SharpStar.

Thanks again guys.

Adrian.

1 hour ago, AbsolutelyN said:

As said elsewhere this is a fantastic image Adrian, really well done and processed. Heading towards being a reflector convert?  

Thank you Tristan; it worked out better than I expected - it's a tricky target.

As for becoming a reflector convert - that's a tricky one too! I love the speed but would my OCD let me cope with an open mirror that I can't easily wipe clean when a speck of dust comes wafting along. Ooooo!

Adrian

• Haha 2