Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wide banger

I had a wicked trip out last night. took @wookie1965 to my dark area in wales. Apart from the horrific journey due to an accident we arrived to absolutely stunning skies. 

Sony a7IV 

16-35 f2.8 gmaster 

ISO 4000

X30 lights

stack.tif 1.jpg

2ND ADDED 

orion banger.jpg

3rd 

Feeble comet attempt using benro Polaris mount 

received_543657834377293-01.jpeg

Edited by Daniel-K
  • Like 17

Just now, Mr Spock said:

What a lovely view. So dark too. I wish my sky looked like that!

its a 1.5 hour drive or a 20 min drive from my mother in laws 😃 Friday traffic and a accident on the Donkey made that 1.5 hrs into 4 🥴 i was so close to turning round but glad i never.

• Like 1

Only just coming around been in so much pain. What a night Milkyway through Cassiopeia, first time in a dark site with the 10"  M42 with a UHC was mesmerising, double cluster was awesome, Crab nebula was like a snowstorm really shone out. Only disappointment was the app it does not give you loads of objects to look at if I could use Sky Safari it would be better, I forgot to write some objects down but it didn't matter as it was that cold  my S10 lost all its battery in a hour and 20 minutes from fully charged even came up with a warning triangle with a thermometer in it. I used a power bank and put both in my inside coat pocket so it would charge.

Cannot thank Danny enough it was a great outing brilliant sky for future reference I need better socks to keep the heat in and wear more layers especially on my legs, apart from the 3hr journey time with the M56 being closed stuck in the traffic for an hour and a half it was brilliant. Great company with Danny and Paul that camera mount was brilliant if I get into astrophotography I will be getting one.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Gorgeous images - that airflow looks terrific !

Glad you had more success than my Thursday night, with a 6 hour round trip completely thwarted by clouds that no forecast seemed to predict! 🤦‍♂️ 

Those are the chances we take for darker skies. Makes it Worth it when it pays off.

• Like 2