Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

April 1 moonshot

northcanadian

Hello:

I am a Novice stargazer. Started last summer with a Celestron Astromaster 114EQ and was so taken by this new hobby that I bought a Celestron 9.25 sct (when the wife wasn't looking).

We live in northern Saskatchewan, Canada, and have many nights of crystal clear skies.

I have a Pentax K20DSLR and have been experimenting on moon shots.

It is finally warming up here, so I will be able to burn my long underwear and get that sct out for some photos icon7.gif

post-14962-13387736463_thumb.jpg

Nice shot, and welcome aboard! My son lives in northern Alberta, and keeps phoning to tell us how cold it is.

I've been thinking about the C9.25 as a retirement scope, but I am also looking seriously at the Meade SN10.

Thanks Warthog. I was lucky with that shot as I held the camera to the eyepiece ..weeded out quite a number of blurries, though. I am on the brink of retirement myself, and yes, it has been a long cold winter here. I did purchase my 9.25 sct through All-Star Telescope in southern Alberta.

Have just ordered from them a powertank and reducer corrector for those full moon shots.

This is certainly a great hobby and I would have posted earlier but kept forgetting my password et al.

(must be old age catching up to me)

Cheers and clear skies

Take a look at Island Eyepiece and Telescope, too. islandeyepiece.com They are in BC, on the island, naturally. I've found them very easy and good to deal with, and have ordered a lot of gear from them.

Didn't happen to be outside when the meteor fell, did you?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived