Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from New Jersey, US

JimB1

Hello from Central NJ, probably one of the worst light pollution areas in the country LOL

I consider myself a long term beginner at astronomy, I have been involved off and on for about 30 years but never seriously and just enjoy looking at the night sky. I spend a decent amount of time just naked eye looking or with wide field binoculars though I have a couple of telescopes and do use them when time and circumstance permit. 

I bought my first scope when I was around 20, a Meade 395 90mm f/11 with EQ mount. I still have it, it’s still a nice visual scope and gets regular use. I have modified it quite a bit with a new focuser, Finder, vixen mount, etc. I have gotten excellent moon and planetary views with it and it’s a great all around visual scope to me. 

A couple of years back, I found a Meade Schmidt-Newtonian 6” for sale locally for a good price and picked that up planning to do some entry level Astrophotography. I am still in the planning stages but I have been using it visually and it needed collimation and a new focuser ( I went with moonlite) but now it is all sorted out and at last NEAF before the pandemic ( the first time I ever went) I bought a Meade LX85 at a good price as well so I have a lot of the tools to move forward with that project.

I’m sure all this makes me kook like a Meade fanboy but I am really not, my purchases just happened to work out that way lol…

Anyway, happy to be here any I look forward to learning from everyone as we go though this journey.

Thanks

-Jim

• Like 1

• 6 months later...