Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 7/10/2022 (8” dob, untracked)

sorrimen

Second light with the asi462. Some fairly good seeing at points. 8, 3 minute captures, cut down to the 5 best derotated and resharpened. GIF is just the 8 animated together. Nice to see the ‘eye’ of the GRS.

Will certainly be processing the data more as this is the first attempt. Much different than processing my previous data so I imagine there is more to be had. Will attach the tifs if anyone wants to have a go, but not yet as I’m on a coach!

F683E7B4-92E4-4677-BC29-9EF94D4E7DED.png

5F2696D3-C0B6-488C-B0E8-F2BE5AB8215D.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, sorrimen said:

Hopefully I can catch up to you soon! IR imaging from you always incredibly impressive, so may have to try it out.

You are doing well to with manual. Yes give it a try with the IR pass filter. I have a cheap Svbony one and it does the job.

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Yes give it a try with the IR pass filter. I have a cheap Svbony one and it does the job.

@KonHave you tried using a methane filter at all? These look interesting in larger aperture ‘scopes with IR sensitive cameras. I was researching these and IR pass filters - haven’t seen many reports though. 

45 minutes ago, Astro_Dad said:

@KonHave you tried using a methane filter at all? These look interesting in larger aperture ‘scopes with IR sensitive cameras. I was researching these and IR pass filters - haven’t seen many reports though. 

I thought about it and I am also looking into it. Jupiter and Saturn should both benefit.

• Like 1

Unprocessed tifs attached. Also realised that on my laptop the images look very washed out and bright. Must keep that in mind next time as the laptop version isn't very compliment-worthy 😆

First is 25%, second 40%. 

2022-10-06-2334_1_pipp_lapl5_ap43.tif 2022-10-06-2334_1_pipp_lapl5_ap43.tif

Edited by sorrimen