Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HOO Flying Bat & Squid

You must be delighted with this image Jody. Sh2-129 is a really tough target and you’ve done an excellent job of revealing the elusive Squid. Very impressive stars too. Don’t you just love a RedCat + ASI1600 combination. I wouldn’t swap mine for anything. Adrian. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Adreneline said:

You must be delighted with this image Jody. Sh2-129 is a really tough target and you’ve done an excellent job of revealing the elusive Squid. Very impressive stars too. Don’t you just love a RedCat + ASI1600 combination. I wouldn’t swap mine for anything. Adrian. 

Thanks Adrian I am chuffed.  It's a tricky one to drag the data out of but after a number of iterations I'm happy.  Certainly feel I have my work process refined now to improve the stars, only wish I had the time to get RBG stars.  The 1600 & Redcat combo works fantastically, a great FOV.

15 hours ago, symmetal said:

That's an excellect result. 😀 Very detailed squid.

Alan

Thanks Alan.  Took some work to get it there and plenty of masking.  All the OIII was taken without a moon which I am sure helped.

9 hours ago, scotty38 said:

Very nice and one that's on my list

Thanks Scotty.  Hopefully when the moon departs there will be some clear skies for you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simmo39 said:

That looks V nice! Im working on that target at the moment with a OSC camera. I have not got anything as good as this yet though. Think I will have to put in many more hours on the rig, weather permitting. 

Hi Simmo.  Took an image of this with my Samyang 135mm and ASI2600 with L-eXtreme under a near full moon. This is what I managed with 13hrs of data.

Final_V2_Low (1).jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Hi Simmo.  Took an image of this with my Samyang 135mm and ASI2600 with L-eXtreme under a near full moon. This is what I managed with 13hrs of data.

Final_V2_Low (1).jpg

That looks brilliant, Im using an Askar 400 with a FR so shooting at f 3.8 I think so my field of view is not as wide as in your image but if I can get close to the detail in your image image I will be more than happy. Im on about 5 and a bit hours of 240sec subs so far. Hopefully I may get another few hours later this week.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pompey Monkey said:

That's brilliant for 15 hrs OIII!

I think you got the Squid to pop very well :)

I will have to revisit my old OU4 data with the newer tools like WBPP and NoiseXterminator! 

Thanks Paul.  Certainly think newer tools will make a difference.  Topaz actually introduced noise and artefacts into OU4 for me.  I resorted to doing a light Gaussian blur which kept the detail but removed the noise.

Edited by Zummerzet_Leveller
Typo