Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mahoosive prom - 7th March 2022

Stu

@Highburymark highlighted this in my other heads up, but worth flagging separately I think.

There is a huge prom today, 3 O’click in my PST view which is very active. I just caught the end of some spectacular motion, watching the remnants of part of the prom falling back down to the surface. Well worth a look if you can!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Around a third of the entire structure fell back to the surface in about 15 minutes Stu - could clearly see the motion. Now that whole section has disappeared. Never seen such movement on such a scale.

Sounds amazing! More happening now though, just watched another section go back down. The shape changed completely from about ten mins ago. Plus, there is a bright bomb moving up from above the main prom and another at the highest point of the arc. They need different tuning points to pick them up so I guess are moving in different directions. Got a work call now!! 😱😱😱🤪🤪🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maw lod qan said:

Absolutely amazing!

You are going to keep it up till I have to get a real solar kit.

Think I'll try,  "please baby! You got your washer and dryer!" 😇

Good luck with that one, been nice knowing you.....

I recently made the mistake of refering to the washing machine as 'your washing machine', not the best of moves on my part.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

Just watched the action on GONG, a very impressive  Prom. Like you said over very quickly, quite often the case with these moments.

Good idea Pete. For anyone who hasn’t tried it, there’s a replay feature on GONG which gives a useful recap of recent activity

• Like 1

If you load the video on GONG and press ‘slower’ a few times, you can see the dramatic speed of the prom’s disintegration - even in slow motion it’s over in a flash. As I said on the other thread, it’s the first time I’ve seen moving plasma in real time on this scale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Highburymark said:

If you load the video on GONG and press ‘slower’ a few times, you can see the dramatic speed of the prom’s disintegration - even in slow motion it’s over in a flash. As I said on the other thread, it’s the first time I’ve seen moving plasma in real time on this scale.

Struggling to find it on the Gong data, but am trying on my phone so it’s not so easy. Any tips? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Struggling to find it on the Gong data, but am trying on my phone so it’s not so easy. Any tips? Thanks!

After you click on one of the GONG images, press the right facing arrow (play) direct under the image. It will quickly load several hours’ worth of data. Then press the word ‘play’ at the top of the image. It will show a video at full speed - then just press ‘slower’ a few times. Bob’s your uncle, [removed word]’s your aunt, and everyone’s a coconut.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

After you click on one of the GONG images, press the right facing arrow (play) direct under the image. It will quickly load several hours’ worth of data. Then press the word ‘play’ at the top of the image. It will show a video at full speed - then just press ‘slower’ a few times. Bob’s your uncle, [removed word]’s your aunt, and everyone’s a coconut.

Thanks Mark. Made me laugh seeing the removed word 🤣🤣

Great posts Stu.  I had some views about 2 to 2.30pm today with the PST.  The GONG pic below was grabbed when I came indoors.  Very spectacular and a wonderfully 'busy' surface.

What time did you take your first pics?

408601194_Screenshot_20220307-143523_SamsungInternet.jpg.2c738e5b91825787107c53a7f833e1ad.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulastro said:

Great posts Stu.  I had some views about 2 to 2.30pm today with the PST.  The GONG pic below was grabbed when I came indoors.  Very spectacular and a wonderfully 'busy' surface.

What time did you take your first pics?

408601194_Screenshot_20220307-143523_SamsungInternet.jpg.2c738e5b91825787107c53a7f833e1ad.jpg

First attempt was at 13.52. It wasn’t very good 🤣🤣

5397BBDA-E0A9-4C6B-8857-7F9C033C3A91.jpeg

• Like 1