Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar & planet imager recommendations?

DrMike

Hello everyone,

can any recommend a decent lunar/planet imager?

it must be able to  connect to a Mac laptop. I hope to concentrate on the solar system only and not deep sky, as I have an f10, 9.25” celestron SCT with a Bortle 8-9 sky.

I am aiming for a price range £250 ~ £350. All I need now are some clear skies…😔

cheers

Mike

+1 Asi224mc, unless of course you are willing to do RGB imaging, then i would say 290mm. There is certainly a lot of choice between the cameras available these days, i dont you would be disappointed with any of them to be honest.  The 224 certainly has stood the test of time though, it is my most used cam with the C9.25, combined with a x1.8 Barlow and ADC.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I thought I'd update you all, as, using your advice I went to our local Astro store, 10km away, and bought a ZWO ASI 224 MC. It was on sale, so I couldn't refuse really.

It'll take me a while to get familiar with it, the software, etc., etc.

All I need now is for the rain/snow/gales to stop and I'm ready. Ill keep you posted...

• Like 1