Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2021 Challenge 8 - All About Orion

MartinB

Well this challenge certainly didn't disappoint.  It was very interesting to see the different interpretations of M42 and it's surroundings.  The widefield images magnificently displayed the richness and complexity of this area of the sky.  No wonder Orion is many peoples favourite constellation.

Just as a reminder, rather than the usual first, second and third placings this challenge only has first places, one for a deep sky object, one for a widefield sky view, and one for sky with a landscape foreground.  It has been a difficult choice and there were some splits down the middle when counting the votes. 

Deep Sky

Fegato

M42 20s 26 HDR stretch.jpg

Widefield Sky

Zummerzet_leveller

Orion_Widefield_Final_Low.jpg

Nightime landscape

Emiliano2000

dd0f7cc6-8203-4e11-8e4b-fd1635e5d64b.png

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_2021_12/dd0f7cc6-8203-4e11-8e4b-fd1635e5d64b.png.97f933b17e959925c2a5bad03c244636.png

Thank you to everyone who entered.  It is well worth having a look at all the images submitted for this challenge.  Click on the link below

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/385555-sgl-2021-challenge-8-all-about-orion/

• Like 13

There were indeed some great images in this one, so I'm surprised (and pleased obviously) to get the deep sky honours! Well done to all who took part, and thanks to Martin for organising the challenges.

• Like 2

This is the first time I enter into a SGL challenge and I'm honoured that my photo of Orion over the Seven Sisters cliffs has been chosen as the winner of the Landscape part of the competition, some really good photos in there. 😁

Thanks to the judges and organisers. 

Emil

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Thank you once again for organising, Martin and co.

These winning images are stunning!! Especially pleased for @Zummerzet_Leveller who has always encouraged my work!! 🏆🏆🏆

Thanks Paul. Likewise, great to see your captures too, they encourage me to get out and about.

I'm chuffed to get this as the image was taken with pretty basic kit. From my garden.  Well done to all who took part, some incredible images.

• Like 1