Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Esprit 120 issue

I actually designed and printed these for my two fracs,  a simple dust cap but with built in desiccant holder, it just threads on the inside of the cap, and I use after each session, as long as the scope is dry, if not I run the dehumidifier for a few hours then put the cap on, seems to work well, also the scope is stored during summer with this on and one on the focus tube too, and checked every few weeks or so and change desiccant if required….

59ED2E53-035F-4256-BFDA-0CB5406151E6.jpeg

4A3D9C12-B963-4A8F-9F8A-33A5CAF7F98F.jpeg

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

I actually designed and printed these for my two fracs,  a simple dust cap but with built in desiccant holder, it just threads on the inside of the cap

Looks just the ticket. 👍

Would you mind sharing the 3d-print files, or a pointer to them if they've been uploaded somewhere?

Ady

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, adyj1 said:

Looks just the ticket. 👍

Would you mind sharing the 3d-print files, or a pointer to them if they've been uploaded somewhere?

Ady

I can do but it will only fit one scope the Tak FSQ85, unless you know a way of resizing to fit others, and for the thread still to fit and work…?? If you do know let me know please, save me re designing for my other scopes….

1 minute ago, Stuart1971 said:

I can do but it will only fit one scope the Tak FSQ85, unless you know a way of resizing to fit others, and for the thread still to fit and work…?? If you do know let me know please, save me re designing for my other scopes….

What software did you use to create the design?

8 minutes ago, adyj1 said:

What software did you use to create the design?

Tinkercad and then into cura for the slicing…

here are the two files one for the cap and the other for the cup, the thread was tight, and had to use some force to screw it on, but after a few times on and off it loosened and is not perfect…I think I should have made the cup .5 mm less to get a better fit on the thread….

Desiccant Holder Lens Cap desiccant holder FSQ85.stl Desiccant Holder Lens Cap FSQ85.stl

Funnily enough I've been looking at getting rid of fungus on the back of my vintage binocular lenses, I'm still at the investigative stage but intend to do it my self as they were obtained free of charge, something that I wouldn't attempt on your scope though!

My online research showed lenses far worse than yours that cleaned up really well, also as Dave @F15Rules says its getting it down to Es is the problem,  there is another guy that could help Steve Collingwood (SCTelescopes) unfortunately he's in Tonbridge which is even further away but just a thought 🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

Unfortunately Es is tied up with work  commitments,   I've reached out to RVO also,  SCTelescopes web site is not working, any other suggestions who could help?

There’s another place worth trying opticalrepairs.com down in Selsey, also I would email Steve Collingwood and see if you get a reply. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...