Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Terrible advertising and false claims, nothing new.

bomberbaz

Actually, if you read through it all there are some more accurate statements trying to keep expectations realistic, along with some images of Saturn and Jupiter which don’t seem overly optimistic and mentions seeing conditions needing to be good. There’s even a recommendation to visit forums for advice, though I doubt CN will be happy to be called ‘lousy nights’ 😉. I think I’ve seen a lot worse advertising to be honest, at least it didn’t claim x675!

The Q&A is quite illuminating and gives some clear indications of what you are getting for your money. Clearly there are better choices out there!

B08BC6AA-5C13-4FB4-9D12-75865F23C561.thumb.png.d10d3879f1daf629dcddc50c6e79db6c.png

27012030-D3CE-44F4-8FAA-5835F2DEAEA9.thumb.jpeg.7a29f65edc78253d23591913bfb1f894.jpeg

9623D303-A8D4-409C-BDAF-82B79F03E81C.thumb.png.a81429126c20ea2fda8a441eee9267fc.png

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Actually, if you read through it all there are some more accurate statements trying to keep expectations realistic, along with some images of Saturn and Jupiter which don’t seem overly optimistic and mentions seeing conditions needing to be good. There’s even a recommendation to visit forums for advice, though I doubt CN will be happy to be called ‘lousy nights’ 😉. I think I’ve seen a lot worse advertising to be honest, at least it didn’t claim x675!

The Q&A is quite illuminating and gives some clear indications of what you are getting for your money. Clearly there are better choices out there!

Guessing there is a bit of copy and pasting going on there in the Q&A as the grammar is ok 😅

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Further more on misleading headlines…” taking the UK by storm” getting more common these days, ….that fantastic hand sized telescope with upto 300x….something!

Not even storms are taking the U.K. not at the moment anyway.😃

chaz

"Taking Denmark by storm" appears on half a dozen different adverts on news websites.
Somebody should have copyrighted it globally. If only to stop its wholesale abuse.
There is nothing new about overpriced, undernourished telescopes with infantile claims.
They have been advertised for at least 60 years. Exchange & Mart? Plastic lenses?
There was a time you couldn't trust Hong Kong Cardboard boxes let alone the contents!