NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Definitely not Fake !!!!

oscar_camilleri

So I was Browsing the net for some photos of a Celestron C6N , when i came across this dodgy site.  https://www.paybanks.ga/ProductDetail.aspx?iid=47314122&pr=56.99

Love some of the obviously auto generated FAKE reviews 

This is so cozy and comfortable! Almost perfect!

Got these for my friend as a gift. I thought it was a great deal since they look very well made and have held up well.

Exceeded my expectations in quality and fit! Love love love these

Super soft & comfy! Buy this, you need it!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 9

Well, tech is all about "wearables".

I can foresee a wearable GOTO scope, wrist mounted on a giro stabilised gimbal. It'll probably evolve as a pop-up accessory on high end wrist watches.  

On a serious note, that Mewlon is coming in just below my limit of $70. I wonder if it includes the hanger shown in the photo?

4 minutes ago, Paul M said:

Well, tech is all about "wearables".

I can foresee a wearable GOTO scope, wrist mounted on a giro stabilised gimbal. It'll probably evolve as a pop-up accessory on high end wrist watches.  

On a serious note, that Mewlon is coming in just below my limit of $70. I wonder if it includes the hanger shown in the photo?

Remember that the wrist sundial never caught on though 🙂 . You could probably sell thousands of wrist sundials with the right advertising, 'influencer' endorsements and paid bot 'reviews'

"It;s the timepiece for our times ! 100% solar powered , completely made of natural, ethically grown softwood, hand crafted to reflect your individuality as a unique and fascinating human being. Water resistant, wild swim friendly, adventure ready , the Wrist Sundial (TM) is available in any colour you want to match your outfit, and a variety of sizes to suit your lifestyle , even a special fitness edition, a pair of matched dials , precision weighted with ethically sourced, naturally rounded by the incredible power of nature,  quartz milli-precious stones , so they provide healthy resistance exercise while using your smartphone to tell everyone how great the Wrist Sundial (TM)  can be . "

I tell you, my 'talents' are wasted outside the most cynical parts of the advertising profession :evil4:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Dave scutt said:

I was looking earlier aswell and came across this saying it was comfortable🤣.

did not think it was a bad priceScreenshot_20210922-105715_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f9292a00c71b5178b5cfd4c12d27211d.jpg

The main thing of interest on that photo is that it appears to be a location dedicated for observing, at least that's what I am assuming those circles  in the ground are for! 

Edited by oscar_camilleri

9 minutes ago, oscar_camilleri said:

The main thing of interest on that photo is that it appears to be a location dedicated for observing, at least that's what I am assuming those circles  in the ground are for! 

The circles are made out of concrete though - could be bad news for high power viewing

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tiny Clanger said:

Remember that the wrist sundial never caught on though 🙂 . You could probably sell thousands of wrist sundials with the right advertising, 'influencer' endorsements and paid bot 'reviews'

"It;s the timepiece for our times ! 100% solar powered , completely made of natural, ethically grown softwood, hand crafted to reflect your individuality as a unique and fascinating human being. Water resistant, wild swim friendly, adventure ready , the Wrist Sundial (TM) is available in any colour you want to match your outfit, and a variety of sizes to suit your lifestyle , even a special fitness edition, a pair of matched dials , precision weighted with ethically sourced, naturally rounded by the incredible power of nature,  quartz milli-precious stones , so they provide healthy resistance exercise while using your smartphone to tell everyone how great the Wrist Sundial (TM)  can be . "

I tell you, my 'talents' are wasted outside the most cynical parts of the advertising profession :evil4:

**Tiny small print at the bottom of the page; "Tuned to your home latitude, limited travel north or south of home." ;)

The ones found on the Mary Rose are about the same size as some of the larger watches some like to show off.

Edited by UKDiver
Fat fingers again. :(
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

Don't get one it will stop working at night and won't switch DST automatically.

Not if you buy the super de luxe nocturnal model with inbuilt electronic timer and precision geared  illumination module, guaranteed to tell you the time between sunset and sunrise ,and even indoors ! (Batteries not included, devices are optimised for  specific locations, travelling over 500km east or west  from home will void your accuracy warranty)

And of course, for the daytime models, for only £29.99 (plus delivery) you can buy a waterproof and stylish British Summer Time overlay, or if your have several devices,  we offer a watch band clip of gold effect metal, which affixes quickly and easily to any wrist sundial strap, can be transferred to another strap with no fuss or tools needed, and shows, next to your wrist sundial , the beautifully engraved words ' + 1, stupid'

For complete peace of mind, download our app, which only requires access to your location, bank account and  entire online history, and will remind you the moment you need to add, or remove , one of those special BST accessories . What could be simpler ?

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...