Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Io Saturn 06-09-21

si@nite

Not the best of conditions last night but managed Jupiter in ir, Saturn was more stable & at times looked the best ive seen it in the red ch for a long time but the green & blue let it down so decided only to post the red ch image! Thanks for looking!

ir jupe 06-09-2021.png

06-09-2021 red ch.png

• Like 7

Some stunning detail in both the Saturn & Jupiter images Simon. It's a real shame the green & blue did not live up to the red and Ir channels. It's very strange what is going on up there as the red channel was letting my green & blue down on my jupiter captures. And as neil said in is thread the jet stream is not over us at the moment so my guess is that it could be very thin cloud or bad air currents?

5 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Thats a lovely IR Shot of Saturn Simon. Jupiter showing some lovely detail too. 

Cheers Neil Saturn again fairing good in the red ch but think the g & b are weak because of the low elevation.

Thanks Martyn yes the red on Jupiter does seem weak?

41 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

Great captures Simon, lots of detail in both Jupiter & Saturn

Cheers Angie much appreciated.