Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Incredible activity in both WL and Ha - 6/9

Mark at Beaufort

40 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Typical, lots of activity AND wall to wall cloud this aft. 🤬🤬🤬 

At least you seem to have had a good session. 👍🏻

Yes John hope it clears for you. I have just put out Skywatcher 150P + solar filter+ 13m Ethos. There is so much detail in each individual sunspot. Here is the set up - the gold cover in the distance is my 12" Dob being protected from the heat. Hope to use it tonight.

solartelescopes..jpg

Have had several  clear patches here , my previous chance  to make any solar observation whatsoever was a brief cloud gap on August 4th, when there were 3 tiny freckles on our star's face, but today , sunshine casting shadows in the garden, telescope speedily out, and ... wow !  Lots to draw .

I've only had the solar filter for three months, this is the busiest view yet .

Heather

57 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Forecast shows clear blue skies Tues & Wed so shouldn’t have to wait long. 🤞🏻

Will have the Tecnosky 125 ready tomorrow. 😁

80DC216D-37A3-480C-A1D2-C2FB7DA5CD67.jpeg

John that looks really nice. Although the 6" Newt gives good views it's not as good as my Astro Tech 4" ED frac which I sold - wrong decision . Love to use an APO again especially with a Herschel Wedge

Out there since 9.30am this morning, had to wait for some early morning mist to evaporate.  An amazing amount of detail to see around the multiple sunspots, three filaments and four decent proms visible through my Lunt 60, great in white light too which really shows all of the spots.  After something like two weeks of almost solid cloud this is great.  Looks like it should be clear nights too for most of England and Southern Scotland.

Views with the Tecnosky 125 APO were spectacular this aft exceptional seeing and amazing detail. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I was melting though in the heat so didn't spend as much time as I would have liked but great little session never the less. 🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2