NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light, First image 102ED Doublet

WestCoastCannuck

On 03/08/2021 at 13:41, johnfosteruk said:

Very nice and sharp.

Thanks John!  :)

16 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Nice sharp and contrasty Mike 

Thanks Neil!   Looking forward to having this ready as a grab and go.  :)     But...  it will still go up on the moon sometimes for imaging.  :)

Very best

Mike

Hi a great image,I recently obtained a Celestron 102GT refactor with I have replaced the original mount for a more stable one but still uses the goto function .

As this is a recent purchase the moon has not been visible but a new moon has just arrived so I am looking forward to viewing it soon.

I have used it on Saturn and Jupiter and was well pleased when the seeing was good(not tonight)IMG_1101.thumb.JPG.6c7adee0b331cb932ffcbb88b934596f.JPG

• Like 2

On 08/08/2021 at 15:57, Kimboman said:

Hi a great image,I recently obtained a Celestron 102GT refactor with I have replaced the original mount for a more stable one but still uses the goto function .

As this is a recent purchase the moon has not been visible but a new moon has just arrived so I am looking forward to viewing it soon.

I have used it on Saturn and Jupiter and was well pleased when the seeing was good(not tonight)

Thanks Kim.  A 4 inch refractor is a lot of fun!

On 08/08/2021 at 23:03, CraigT82 said:

That is pin sharp Mike. Very nice image. Might have to start looking into a 4" f/7 ED frac... lots of good things said about them om here recently.

Thanks much Craig!   Yes, I find it compares pretty well with the 100ED I had, but in a smaller package!    It will be my grab and go mostly.....  but for sure I will image with it again on occasion - was certainly pleased with this first image!

Cheers

Mike

On 08/08/2021 at 15:44, Trevor N said:

Very nice image there Mike. I think the 4 inch refractors are very underrated when it comes to lunar and planetary imaging. I think this is a good example of what can be achieved

Once again I missed your reply!  Thanks Trevor!  Yes,  a four inch scope is capable of quite a surprising amount of resolution with today's sensors!  :)

• 3 weeks later...