NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ipad iOS update - Now Sky Safari doesn't work!

lukebl

My wretched iPad just updated itself to iPadOS 14.6, and now says 'SkySafari Pro Needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS'.

Has anyone else had this problem, and can I re-install an earlier iOS?

How dare Apple do this to my most expensive app and leave me in the lurch! 🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 1

My ipad is on 14.6 (18F72) and Skysafari 6 Pro seems fine.... I've just launched it and used a few functions and all seem well..... does any function in particular cause the message to pop up?

Just now, globular said:

My ipad is on 14.6 (18F72) and Skysafari 6 Pro seems fine.... I've just launched it and used a few functions and all seem well..... does any function in particular cause the message to pop up?

Just clicking on the icon make the message come up, and the app doesn’t run. All very frustrating.

Frustrating for you.
All seems well for me on that version... maybe some small comfort that there must be a solution?
I presume you've checked the Safari app for any updates?... I seem to remember there was one pushed out to me a few days ago...to 6.8.5.2 :icon_scratch:

Edited by globular

1 hour ago, lukebl said:

My wretched iPad just updated itself to iPadOS 14.6, and now says 'SkySafari Pro Needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS'.

Has anyone else had this problem, and can I re-install an earlier iOS?

How dare Apple do this to my most expensive app and leave me in the lurch! 🤬🤬🤬

You can always also turn off auto updates.

6 hours ago, johninderby said:

Works fine on my iPad with the ios14.6 update.

I think his version is really old so it wasn’t compatible with the new iOS update.

Edited by Spacecake2

Weird. In despair, I restored my iPad from a backup 6 months ago to see if that might work. Still no luck. Didn’t dare deleting the app in case I had to buy it all over again. I left it overnight and miraculously SkySafari Pro has suddenly started working again. 

I guess I’ll never know what that was all about. 

Anyway, thanks for all the helpful replies. 

• Like 1