Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Saturn 13th June

neil phillips

Orion 245mm F6.3 Newtonian (Antares 1/30th secondary ) Celestron Ultima 2x Barlow. Qhy 462c camera QHY UV IR Cut Filter

SW EQ5 Deluxe Mount Single RA drive. Seeing for this elevation was reasonable. One thing i dont like doing is clipping the black so the crepe ring disappears. Being part of the ring system. if its in the image it should be considered as part of the process. Not easy with a brightening sky 

02:29 UT

03_29_51_pipp_lapl8_ap18 (2).bmp done.tif gamma.tif straight.tif 75.png

02:37 UT

03_37_45_pipp_lapl8_ap21 (2).tif done 75 sunday.png

02:57 UT

03_57_13_pipp_lapl8_ap16 (2).tif 150.tif 90.tif 85.png

150%

03_57_13_pipp_lapl8_ap16 (2).tif 150.tif 90.tif 85.tif 80.tif 75.png 150.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, dweller25 said:

Really nice and more to come 😁

Hi David yes still early days. Wasnt sure if it would be a complete waste of time this year. But the early results suggest at least, that quite a bit of detail can still be got. Not kidding myself about the blur factor mind. But still its jupiter. its in the UK and its getting imaged. Think of all those years we have waited. Wasnt sure if i would be alive, when i thought about that, back then,  many years ago. But here we are. Next year is even better. 

1 hour ago, si@nite said:

A good mornings work neil showing good potential for the weeks ahead!

Yes for sure Simon. Its good to get so much practice in. Makes the chance of catching good seeing well, more productive, and more likely. Because of my health, still having to sheild here. So Astronomy is giving me many things. Not least of which some sanity back in my life.  Really enjoying it tbh. Those 5 years away made the heart grow fonder again i think. 

20 hours ago, morimarty said:

Some lovely detail on show Neil. I think the Crepe ring is suffering due to lack of contrast from the early morning bright skies. thats my excuse anyway😀

Lol No it is. I have noticed in my own images it became a little more prominent as saturn goes further into the night, and away from the morning. Though its a delicate part of the ring system very very easy to process it out, using too much black, or contrast

Edited by neil phillips