NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Getting started with imaging

Hi folks. I hope everyone is well. I've absorbed plenty of information from these forums so far but it's time to ask a question myself. I have a Bresser Mikrokular camera that I bought as an introduction to imaging, so I could have a go using software and processing before spending some more serious cash. So far I've had better results holding my phone over the eyepiece. I know it's far from the best camera but I'd like to get as much out of it as possible. I've just been dropping it into the focuser like an eyepiece but was wondering if there's a better way to use it. The adaptor it sits in has a female 1.25" thread, can that be attached to anything useful?

Edited by Stuu

While waiting for the Bahtinov try zooming in 250% on the pc screen, scrolling around to find a small star and adjusting the focusing to get the star as small as possible. It will dance around a bit due to seeing but just get it as best you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok cool, thank you both. I have a Bahtinov waiting to go on a new OTA I have on back order. But in the meantime I'll give the zooming a go.