NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Last chance Horsie

Kai

Its about now that Orion is just that little too far West for me to image for any lenght of time due to a hedge in the way.So last night i set up of the Horse Head for the last time this season.

Just over 2 hours of 5 min subs taken on the Flt98 / H9 combo using my trusty Baader 7nm HA filter

post-12890-133877355663_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea whats caused the short streasks in the image wondring because they arent there on the brighter stars?

Nope :( , Im sure it isnt anything on the scope , maybe a ccd issue ??? .I also had a crack at M81 last night but i havent checked to see if they are present on those subs.

Any idea whats caused the short streasks in the image wondering because they arent there on the brighter stars? -

Nope :D , Im sure it isnt anything on the scope , maybe a ccd issue ??? .I also had a crack at M81 last night but i havent checked to see if they are present on those subs.

Weird arent they...as they arent there on the brighter stars... maybe bits of satellite :(

I'm hoping to have a chance at this one with the modded 1000D if the skies ever clear :D

Hot pixels makes sense TJ.. in which case even taking a few darks now might help a bit with a restack... If not the healing brush should sort it...

Billy...

Thats a cracker Steve, absolute cracker!

The marks look like hot pixels to me, which stacking method did you use? You can just paint them out anyway using the touch up brush.

I used Maxim for stacking , Im not sure they are Hot pixels though as they are not present on my M81 image taken just after the HH with the same length. :scratch:

Wow, you've had a successful night with a great M81 and this brilliant HH. The detail in the HH is quite staggering but I also really like the detail to the left and right of the horsie (the horslets :( ). What a great image!

Sam

wow, lots of details.

i see some weird ''scratches''

in youre pic they are white/grey.

you maybe know what it is?

i had it a time ago with a pic of M45 and M42 with my dslr.(but in my case they were red because its not mono with HA.)

Fantastic image, really smooth :D

BTW can you let me know though where you are getting these clould free skies from as I want to order some :D:p

I could but then i would have to kill you :happy11: , Next one i get i will let you know and your welcome to pop around .

Hmmmm Hyperstar Ha Horsie :(

Archived