NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bit windy!

Rustang

Bit unpredictable here earlier so I didn't want to risk it. Popped out for a while with some binos just now and the transparency looks pretty good. Still very gusty though. Good luck to everyone out there tonight!

• Like 1

No. The wind's a bit unpredictable tonight, and I have nothing to hold the obsy roof down when it's open. It doesn't even have to be blown right off as getting it back on the rails would be a huge undertaking for me working alone.

A bit frustrating as I have a recalcitrant focuser to sort out. Hopefully just a firmware / software clash which I've fixed. I think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was out for an hour and a half or so testing whether I could get my Sony RX10 to be fully controlled (bar focussing) by KStars/EKOS.  Got as far as getting it to plate solve and successfully saw M81 and M82 on-screen before a couple of random technical issues killed the connection to Astroberry from my workstation.  My the time I had got them resolved the clouds had rolled in.  Still, an interest bit of experimentation - I am really interested to know what data I can pull in using it :)

13 hours ago, tomato said:

Got 90 mins of half decent subs despite a bit of a gale blowing, one advantage of a dome, especially if your target is on the leeward side.

I seriously considered a dome when I was planning my obsy, but not being much of an engineer would have to buy the stuff off-the-peg. When I costed a 2.2m Pulsar, plus the relevant automation there wasn't much (Any?) change left from £7k.