Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Pollywiggles

simmo39

Hi all, This was to be my winter project but with weather, life and tech issues it turned into a bit of a trudge! I only got half the data I wanted and some of that should have been dumped but as its been such a fight to get anything I throw it into the pot just to see what it would do. Im now calling it done for this target as it has nearly passed into the trees and cant do much else with it this year. Taken over several nights between clouds rain and fog, it consists of 65 x 240s Ha   57 x 240s Oiii and 27 x 240s Sii. All taken with my ASI1600 mm through my trusty but soon to be replaced SW 72 ED.

51011881583_0a3a71a258_b.jpg

And a little crop.

51012596151_70132f827d_b.jpg

Hints, tips and pointers most welcome.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Nice job, I like your process which is nice and subtle, haven't tried to push things too hard and it looks great.

Thank you, Im sure it could be pushed but Im not keen on the painting effect that happens when i do push it.

If I should make a suggestion after looking at the wide field version again, it would be to crop the left a bit to get rid of that bright star with chromatic abberation. Not much interesting to lose on that edge anyhow.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Fabulous image and processing, lovely muted tones.

thank you

17 minutes ago, gorann said:

If I should make a suggestion after looking at the wide field version again, it would be to crop the left a bit to get rid of that bright star with chromatic abberation. Not much interesting to lose on that edge anyhow.

I had looked at that and agree, I will do a propper crop of the widefield tomorrow after work. thanks for the pointer.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

As suggested by Gorann here is a slight tweak and re crop.

51016288416_cfb206989a_b.jpg

Not sure if the re proccess was any good but the crop does look better.

Nice, but maybe a bit too much magenta-violet in the sky now? I liked the colour a bit better in the first version.

22 minutes ago, gorann said:

Nice, but maybe a bit too much magenta-violet in the sky now? I liked the colour a bit better in the first version.

Yep you are right. Ill have another play later.

18 minutes ago, ultranova said:

Love the first image,

smooth with and lots of detail and not over processed.

well done 

Paul

Thank you Paul.