NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 2177 - The Seagull

Adreneline

12 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Nice, very dramatic,love the blue higlights.  Looks like a bird swooping down at night :D

Thanks Adam - as always more data would be good, especially OIII, but I should be grateful we got a very clear night - a rare event!

13 minutes ago, AbsolutelyN said:

Looks great, like the hint of blue. Nice to hear you're getting some clear skies. Eventually cleared here last night but not until 2 or 3am - too late for me. 

Thanks Tristan. Two clear nights on the trot and another one forecast tonight. No doubt that'll be our quota for February!

Keep the faith!

Adrian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I propose we rename it!

Think someone other than me might need to second that - and even then I don't give much for your chances! Nice idea though :) 

Glad you like it. It's a tricky target from here because it barely gets above 25 degrees. Worth a shot though.

Adrian

15 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Think someone other than me might need to second that - and even then I don't give much for your chances! Nice idea though :) 

Glad you like it. It's a tricky target from here because it barely gets above 25 degrees. Worth a shot though.

Adrian

I was only kidding about that 😂, once again, a beautiful image!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent image Adrian, I'm way down south from you and never bothered with it it being so low so that's encouraging to see.

Thanks Dave. We used to live in southern Derbyshire but the view to the south was over a major area of conurbation so LP was a nightmare - skies are much darker here so I thought I'd give it a go.

23 minutes ago, peter shah said:

super detail.......great shot

Thanks Peter. I'm really pleased with my new RedCat 51 - it might not be an f2 Samyang 135 but it certainly performs well for f4.9 and I love the fact that my filters really are parafocal when used with the RedCat - not the case with the Samyang.

Adrian

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

A lovely touch on the processing.   A very pleasing image.

Thank you Paul. I was pleased with the way it worked out. As always more data would be good - along with being about 20 degress further south :) I always worry that I've over done the processing so I appreciate your comment.

Adrian

• Like 1