NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big mosaic 1-02-09 ED120

Nick Smith

Hi all

A quick mosaic frrom this evening with the ED120 refractor. It's a bit noisy and lacks a bit of contrast as I started shooting in daylight, but I was lucky to get anything between the clouds.

It's quite a big image so you may have to scroll around a bit.

Regards

Nick

original.jpg

Have to agree about your touch Nick, really its just magic, Not sure what your seeing was like ( it looks superb)

But i have a feeling was only average, If thats so, all the more remarkable, Probably one of the best 120mm shots ive ever seen. You seem to get the perfect balance in every way, sharpnes versus naturalness, Light levels look great. I know what you mean about contrast as i had the same effect when i did something similar ( though not as good ) and started in daylight. But it matters not. Theres a few lunar images around that have a profound effect on the way i learn, Shooting in this country your right at the top Nick, I never know what to expect from you, or how great its going to get, I have a feeling we havent seen your best just yet ( strikes me as just practice here ) and my jaw will be hitting the floor sometime this year. I get excited by your work, I hope one day to learn how to get results as good under our ( for the most part ) rubbish UK skys Your a lunar master. I want a DMK with my new setup. But everytime you post a image i want a lumenera. but i know thats only a small part of the result, The rest is skill. Thanks for sharing

Archived