NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

pandemic processing

neil phillips

12 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

Nice images! On each clear night when appropriate, I've been recording lunar avi's so that I've got something to play with on cloudy nights while we are confined to our homes.

Chris

Yes it helps the time problem . Just started imaging again myself last night. Humble begining with small scopes. But its fun. At some point i plan to get my 10"F6.3 running again for hi resolution. But low power moon shots are served well by smal scopes. Its nice enjoying astronomy again. Looking at your sig. You have some great lunar scopes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kon said:

The amount of detail is amazing!

Thanks Kon it was a lot of hard work. with two fans on the 300p cooling for a hour or two. Constant collimation tweaking. Weighed a ton. I hated mounting it on to the neq6. How to make a NEQ6 tremble. I stopped soon after i got these. Just got burnt out on it. But ive recently started again with small instruments on the moon. Which i am enjoying a lot.  Hope to post some pictures in a couple weeks.  Should be interesting to beginers or those on a budget i hope

• Like 1

On 11/01/2021 at 10:05, wouterdhoye said:

those are some really wonderful images! thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I am sure my old monitor was bright, A histo adjustment  seemed to work well on my 50 inch plasma tv. A little more whitening. But more vibrant than the originals

16 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

lovely, I'm not usually a lunar imager but I might just start after processing one from November that I didn't bother with. I usually do solar imaging but you've inspired me, thanks.

Glad you found it interesting Nigella. Its strange going from a 12" F5 Newt, to a 70 mm F13 Frac. what i am presently about to image with. But the moon, like the sun, doesnt need high magnification to look wonderful. Low power shots can look splendid too The resolution takes a big hit yes. But at low power it doesnt seem to matter too much.

Actually i am really gearing up for some images soon, with both the 70mm f13 frac. and a114mm F8 Newt.  And next month a 90mm f10 frac. Should be interesting to see what i can get with such setups. Beginners and those on a budget should find it quite revealing i hope. later i can go back to hi res, with my 10" F6.3 Newt. Which should have a new 1/30th wave Antares secondary mirror. Hope this bad weather lifts soon.

DSC00645.JPG

DSC00652.JPG

7260332360_952bded3a6_o.png