Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New scope free dust!

Should go back. I might expect to see that amount of dust in a scope a few years old but simply unacceptable in a new scope.👎🏽

This is what I expect to see in a new refractor.👍🏻

Bought from FLO.

67450BA5-C319-4F19-AE41-03454BB83EB4.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

In these times of low stock everywhere if I see stock suddenly come in I have always asked the supplier to check it’s not a return or ex demo. FLO have confirmed this to me a couple of times

if you pay for new it should be untouched and pristine.

its all been said before but I would expect a replacement, I bet that one won’t be full of dust!

• Like 1

Scope is being packed up and sent back for them to 'inspect'.

I have asked for a replacement, failing that a refund.

I do think it was an open box return and not a new scope to be honest.

I'll update on the next set of excuses I mean resolution.

I'll name and shame if I have to so as to save others!

:)

6 hours ago, John said:

Sounds identical to my issue and pretty much the same excuse, wonder if it's the same place? 🤔 

Send it back and wait for a good one. That looks even worse than mine did too, and of course order from @FLO cos I'd put money on a good one arriving when they do have stock. 

• Like 2

Final update on this one.

The vendor did take the scope back 'for inspection'.

They paid for postage when I asked for it.

They cleaned the scope and returned it to me. The optics are now 100% dust free so I'm happy with the final outcome.

I do feel I had to work overly hard to get a resolution to this and at no point did they say they were sorry that their customer was not happy.

So in conclusion, would I buy from them again? No, I'll stick with FLO (as I tried to do originally) but the outcome is just shy of a name and shame post I think.

The lesson?

As stated by many people in this thread, stick to your guns and insist on a good outcome. Do not be 'fobbed off'.

I did contact an independent telescope servicer for his opinion and he did state that in many Chinese manufacturing lines of mass produced scopes you can sometimes get unlucky and get dust in the optics. So they were not lying to me, just reluctant to make me a happy shopper.

Anyway, anyone got some clear skies I can rent?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Desmond said:

Final update on this one.

The vendor did take the scope back 'for inspection'.

They paid for postage when I asked for it.

They cleaned the scope and returned it to me. The optics are now 100% dust free so I'm happy with the final outcome.

I do feel I had to work overly hard to get a resolution to this and at no point did they say they were sorry that their customer was not happy.

So in conclusion, would I buy from them again? No, I'll stick with FLO (as I tried to do originally) but the outcome is just shy of a name and shame post I think.

The lesson?

As stated by many people in this thread, stick to your guns and insist on a good outcome. Do not be 'fobbed off'.

I did contact an independent telescope servicer for his opinion and he did state that in many Chinese manufacturing lines of mass produced scopes you can sometimes get unlucky and get dust in the optics. So they were not lying to me, just reluctant to make me a happy shopper.

Anyway, anyone got some clear skies I can rent?

Good to hear all sorted in the end. 

Shame you've got to battle for a resolution when it is something that can obviously be done in shop. I know demand is high at the moment but surely a good quality check before dispatch is a benefit to all parties. 

Fingers crossed for some clear skies soon to use your new scope, enjoy. 

• Like 1