Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker.

alan potts

I am wondering what the hell else can go wrong for me, massive problem with APT which seem to have gone now with help. Now DSS is giving me grief.

I have used this for a number of years without issue at all, after it was set up, again with help from site.

Now same camera same settings (not changed any I know of) doesn't want to know at all. All it does is display "The checked pictures are not compatible in width, height or number of colours. Only one master dark, offset and  flat used."

Every picture is the exact same size and I only ever use the master Dark, it is only the last week i have taken a set of Flats and D Flats. All Masters save a TIFF's but they always have and always until today worked fine.

Can anyone tell me what I have done, the first indication wheels had come of was when I processed 70 frames of the Iris and no plane and satellite trails were removed by Median Sigma clipping is enabled

25 minutes ago, fifeskies said:

I got this message before

Turned out I had accidently included a single jpeg along with my CR2 "raw" files for stacking, easy to miss one when there are a big set of lights.

Thank you for the input but it not that for sure, I tried it with 6 different sets and Jpegs all go to a different folder. In my case it would not work with the Masters of the Dark (which it has for over a year) Flat and Dark Flat. On their own just Lights, no problem. Some times this hobby make you want to take the whole lot and dump it. Not that I will

Alan

1 hour ago, PeterCPC said:

Alan, sorry to hear your problems. I used to use DSS but went over to Astro Pixel Processor and have never regretted it. I just get much better results. Maybe something to consider.

It is something I will consider, where sells it ? What I can't understand is all the setting have changed and I've lost the debayer of the camera, I am getting it back slowly by reading other peoples problems. I never touched anything, just un-real Peter.

Alan

25 minutes ago, alan potts said:

It is something I will consider, where sells it ? What I can't understand is all the setting have changed and I've lost the debayer of the camera, I am getting it back slowly by reading other peoples problems. I never touched anything, just un-real Peter.

Alan

As Michael says above - you can get a 30 day free trial as well. You can own it or rent it - rent is 60 euros a year. I have been renting it but I have now bought it as I am so impressed with it.

• Like 1

Have you gone through the file list   displayed by DSS and compared the size of all the files, especially the lights and masters? I had the same error a while back only to find out than an update to DSS now registered my lights 2 pixels smaller in one axis so rendering my previously registered TIFF masters unusable (I just reverted to the previous version I was using).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seelive said:

Have you gone through the file list   displayed by DSS and compared the size of all the files, especially the lights and masters? I had the same error a while back only to find out than an update to DSS now registered my lights 2 pixels smaller in one axis so rendering my previously registered TIFF masters unusable (I just reverted to the previous version I was using).

11 hours ago, happy-kat said:

DSS 4.2.5 is not backward compatible on calibration files, have to retake it something similar to that, I've held off upgrading.

I found the problem I think, The debeyer had vanished and I am sure I never touched it, once replaced it worked fine. I do not like this new version of DSS it stinks. Where i used to add a whole folder, registration files as well, now it give you grief over putting them in the mix. I will look at the suggestion of APP in the next couple of months, you get a free trial with it so what could be better. The downside is my IT is poor at best though once I know something I OK.

Alan