Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars Oct 28th

Space Cowboy

Quick process from tonight. Laptop driving me crazy running low on RAM and dropping frames even though system resources showed only 40% memory usage.

Think I've probably over cooked the wavelets on this.

Mars 28-10-20.png

Edited by Space Cowboy
spelling
  • Like 25

Thanks Dweller & Nigella! 

Cheers Peter it didn't look very clear on screen but the result was better than I expected. After doing some testing it seems 375 unity gain was the reason for all the dropped frames. Every other gain setting and the laptop records everything.

14 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Thanks Neil. Defragmenting the laptop?

Cheers Bryan!

yeah i found it helped a bit. Switch off anti virus too. Doesnt looked overcooked at this size on my screen. Blowing it up would show the true story. But looks nice as is. I reckon under good seeing your capable of getting better. I remember your work under good seeing.

From what i am seeing you aint  hit it yet. How fast is mars now receding. Wondering how long you got

Edited by neil phillips

I did try defrag but it didn't need any according to windows. Yep tried turning off WiFi & antivirus too. I've left a question about unity gain on the ZWO forum.

This coming week looks like the best chance of getting some sharp images with high pressure dominating. Hopefully it won't mean fog. 

I've tried a few different processes and can't beat this one which only took 10 mins after capture.

One thing I will try is lowering gain while focusing. Really struggled focussing with the high gain setting.

On 01/11/2020 at 18:43, neil phillips said:

Your working through the problems just fine. Its calm air you need.  Mars needs it even more than jupiter. Because of its size i reckon.

I am going to be rusty thats for sure, when i am running again. Best thing is to enjoy the imaging problems and all.

Quick squirt of WD40 and you'll be fine Neil 😉