Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Planetary eyepiece recommendation, possibly...

IB20

6 hours ago, IB20 said:

This is great to hear. I’m very tempted by the BCO 10mm and it should work well with my TV Barlow.

Is there a particular reason you don’t get on with the 6mm? 

Your TV barlow will be perfect.

To my eyes the 6mm bloats stars a bit and while it offers excellent contrast its sharpness is not what the 10mm gives. But I guess I'm kind of fussy on certain things.

12 minutes ago, IB20 said:

I have purchased the 10mm BCO from Rother Valley. Thanks for all the excellently sound advice as usual!

Hopefully you'll have clear skies, so you can report back here on its performance.  I wonder how it would stack up against my 10mm Delos.

3 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Hopefully you'll have clear skies, so you can report back here on its performance.  I wonder how it would stack up against my 10mm Delos.

Fingers crossed. The last few nights have been crystal clear but I think the jet stream is passing over. Mars has been an orange wobbly the past few nights; it was stunning on Sunday.

Just a quick thanks to everyone who shouted out the 10mm BCO. I've had a short play tonight despite the windy conditions and could really start to see how this eyepiece will add towards my viewing. I saw more defined boundaries in the albedo features, and it was even possible to tease out different low albedo regions by variation in grey colouration. I also had a short session on the moon and the craters were so sharp and clear, delightful. Very happy with what I've experienced so far, I'm sticking a 6mm BCO on my wanted list for next month's astro purchase. 👌

Edited by IB20
Typo
  • Like 5

Secondary update. Seeing better tonight, Syrtis Major is razor sharp in the BCO. Compared it to the 8mm BST and although nice and easy to make out SM, it doesn’t quite have the definition, so the BCO wins. 🤗

• Like 2