Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Installing and Setup of Astroberry - video

autonm

I made a new video - which walks through the downloading, installing and setup of AstroBerry (astronomy software running on Raspberry Pi) - and then I connect to an HEQ5 and DSLR camera. Nothing to complicated - but its the basics covered.

There are a lot of videos out there on using AstroBerry, but not too may walkthroughs on the actual setup. Although Rp and Ab should be simple theres a lot of questions out there just on the setup.

Hopefully the video gives people confidence on the first steps and is enough to get them going.

https://youtu.be/Bgn3KioAAJ0

Many Thanks - clear skies & if the video is helpful please subscribe.

• Like 2

Very useful, on thing I would add is you should disable the internal serial port in raspi-config under interfaces. Seems to be enabled by default in the image and I had problems with my GPS dongle and focuser until I disabled it, and the mount didn’t always connect either. Once disabled no issues.

Common to have issues with usb devices which present themselves as a serial port on a pi if you don’t disable it. Can’t recall the specific issue but I think GPIO serial port is ttyAMA0 by default and some usb to serial drivers want to try and use that and not ttyUSBx.