Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

autonm

Installing and Setup of Astroberry - video

I made a new video - which walks through the downloading, installing and setup of AstroBerry (astronomy software running on Raspberry Pi) - and then I connect to an HEQ5 and DSLR camera. Nothing to complicated - but its the basics covered.

There are a lot of videos out there on using AstroBerry, but not too may walkthroughs on the actual setup. Although Rp and Ab should be simple theres a lot of questions out there just on the setup.

Hopefully the video gives people confidence on the first steps and is enough to get them going.

https://youtu.be/Bgn3KioAAJ0

Many Thanks - clear skies & if the video is helpful please subscribe.

• Like 2

Very useful, on thing I would add is you should disable the internal serial port in raspi-config under interfaces. Seems to be enabled by default in the image and I had problems with my GPS dongle and focuser until I disabled it, and the mount didn’t always connect either. Once disabled no issues.

Common to have issues with usb devices which present themselves as a serial port on a pi if you don’t disable it. Can’t recall the specific issue but I think GPIO serial port is ttyAMA0 by default and some usb to serial drivers want to try and use that and not ttyUSBx.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ricker
      Forgive my terminology but when using Astroberry when running Kstars on a remote (to the rasp pi) pc images can take a number of seconds to download.  For my ASI1600 this is about 5s.  Does this sound average (obviously WiFi dependent)? 
      Also do people run like this or do they run EKOS on the Pi?

• By oyabuns
      Hey,

I have a question, did anyone here have luck installing ASCOM alpaca Remote Server on a Raspberry Pi 4?
      Or is it like I suspected as in the below image not possible, unless it's a windows machine?

• By aditya10
      Hello!
      This is my first post on stargazer’s lounge, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. 
      I have a SkyWatcher AZ-GTi mount (with a firmware update + eq wedge so that it can run in eq mode). I also have a Raspberry Pi 4 with INDI, KStars, and Ekos tools. I don’t have a guidescope (and my budget is extremely limited), so I was wondering if there was a way to polar align my DSLR using just the software running on the Raspberry Pi. 
      I’m also competent in Python, if that could be useful for anything. 
    • By M31Fan
      Hi! 
      Newby here...
      What's the best software to do solar tracking and imaging on a Raspberry Pi (Astroberry)?

I have been learning how to use Kstars/Ekos/INDI and it's working pretty well at night, but since now the nights are super short and the sun is more "exposed" I'm also trying to do solar imaging. 
      Astroberry oacapture, but how can I control the mount to perform solar tracking? Normaly I use EKOS for this, but then I can't use it with solar film capture. 

Please let me know which software you use to connect the mount, focuser and camera (QHY-II-5L-C). It's ok to control the mount and focuser in a separate software, but using two separate INDI sessions seems to crash it. Advice and recommendations are welcome! 

Thanks & Clear skies! 
      Tiago

• By Astrofriend
      Hi,
      Now I have started my second try to have a Raspberry as an astroserver. My first try didn't perform well because of to weak process power. Now with the new Raspberry Pi4 the situation had changed, and the Indi drivers are more developed too.
      It's a bit complicated to setup the Raspberry with its Linux operating system. I'm a Window man. I have documented the first steps I have done and my plans here:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-kstars-raspberrypi4/01-project-kstars-raspberrypi4.html
      I will go back later and edit the parameters to get it optimized. But if you find it interesting you can read it already now and follow the progress.
      It will be prefect for my portable equipment. Raspberry also these days annonced a new high resolution camera with Sony chip, maybe something for planethunting.
      /Lars

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.