Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange behaviour connecting 2 ZWO cameras in Ekos on RPi

AstroMuni

Hi,

I updated my RPi 4 to latest version of astroberry v2.0.4 today and been trying to connect my main ASI224mc and ASI120mm mini guide cameras in Ekos. When I connect both the cameras on the USB2 ports only one of them i.e. ASI120mm connects. If I connect the ASI224mc on the USB3 and ASI120mm to USB2 again its only the ASI120 that connects.

But if I connect both on the USB3 ports on the RPi it connects successfully. I have tried with the ZWO CCD driver and using a combination of ZWO Camera 1, ZWO Camera 2 drivers. In both cases the behaviour is the same.

It works fine on my Linux Mint laptop using direct connection to the cameras even though the USB ports are USB2 only. Both RPi and Linux are running Kstars 3.5.5 stable.

Any ideas what is the cause of this?

Edited by AstroMuni

10 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

No idea Pramod, but if they work on your system I'd suggest you try the ASCOM driver for ZWO cameras which allows two cameras you can download it from ZWO website .

Dave

Its works perfectly if I connect both to the the USB3 ports on RPi. I cant use the ASCOM drivers as I am Linux based.

And for completeness the ZWO CCD driver supports multiple cameras at same time. The ZWO Camera 1, 2, 3 are for users who have issues with that driver and these support only a single device each.

Edited by AstroMuni

• AstroMuni changed the title to Strange behaviour connecting 2 ZWO cameras in Ekos on RPi