Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone had experience with Affinity Photo?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Affinity Photo software for photo editing. I've got a really old copy of CS2 but don't want to buy yearly subscription for Photoshop as it's really expensive and life long purchase. Be good to know if it's any good. There's an article each month in Astronomy Now mag highlighting different ways it can be used with astro images. Particularly interested if it is good with LRGB images and processing.

I also use this. Like you. I have an older version of Photoshop and didn't fancy the monthly subscription   I saw Affinity Photo and read some excellent reviews. And brought it 

There are plenty of YT tutorials regarding processing Astroimages, from the likes of Astrostace and  Dave Eagle plus others. It is worth buying  

Edited by PaulB
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulB said:

I also use this. Like you. I have an older version of Photoshop and didn't fancy the monthly subscription   I saw Affinity Photo and read some excellent reviews. And brought it 

There are plenty of YT tutorials regarding processing Astroimages, from the likes of Astrostace and  Dave Eagle plus others. It is worth buying  

Thanks Paul, got a new computer coming soon for the obsy so will get that for the obsy. Much appreciated.

Another happy Affinity user here, I have an old copy of CS6 too but gave up on it due to its lack of Canon RAW file support. Thing I realy like about Affinity is that its very similar to Photoshop in its user interface so there is little or no learning curve plus its evolving all the time...

Alan

• Thanks 1