SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon of 13th January....

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

I got badgered into taking a picture of the Moon by a friend of mine (a departure from my normal deep-sky imaging :hello2:)

Taken through an Astro Professional 102ED using an SXV-H9. 258 exposures of 0.002 seconds with no filters. Stacked in Registax and tweaked.

Here it is:

11775_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers,

Richie

Thanks everyone - I must admit it I was very pleased with the result, and thanks to Registax drizzle function and me forgetting to put the mount into Lunar tracking mode for half the exposures it produced a huge image.

However....

:laughing2: I don't wanna be a lunar imager! :crybaby:

I might well see if I can get some nice closeups next time my nemesis is in the sky though....

hehe

Richie

Hehe - well, I've got a harddrive full of earlier attempts of the Moon, so I'll just have to try and be more creative, won't I?

Now I've gone narrowband, I am hoping that Mr Moon will has less impact on my imaging session though - time will tell!

Archived