Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RASA 11 issue

Just now, tomato said:

I’m only an amateur self taught engineer, but one thing I have learnt is you absolutely cannot beat having the correct tool for the job.

Absolutely true. No question. With the right tool the job does itself.

Olly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomato said:

I’m only an amateur self taught engineer, but one thing I have learnt is you absolutely cannot beat having the correct tool for the job.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tripod-adapter.png.4dcf28237312d496c75e350d5b865377.png

Dave

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I must buy one of those. Thanks for the information. At present I tend to use two nails clamped in a vice with a trial-and-error separation. That might just be an improvement!

🤣lly

Agree Olly, I just placed my order with Amazon!

• Like 2

On 24/08/2020 at 10:13, tich said:

Maybe that's why I'm not getting any replies from Celestron due to the Covid situation?
 I did remove the corrector plate rather nervously & try as hard as I can neither halves will tighten onto the corrector plate so it looks like I may have to wait for a bit. There seems to be a ring with 2 holes opposite each other & I'd hazzard a guess that's what needs to be tightened back up, but without having anything here that would remotely fit it I think I'll leave it to the guys who know what they're doing.

I was under the impression that the engineers were on limited days( this was during the end of lockdown) but Lee Sproats( think that's right name) was pretty rapid in answering emails, told me when he was off and really quite professional and we'll mannered..I would assume thst they're back to work now unless it's the holiday period for them..

• 2 months later...

Well I bottled it in the end & handed the RASA over to someone who knows what they're doing especially when it comes to optics & the good news is that it's been fixed & I'll be picking it up very soon.

There's still the CGE pro mount to sort out I've managed to find somewhere in the UK that sells boards but do I throw a ton of cash at the mount to find it doesn't work?  Would it be worth it? I know the motors work as I've tested both with a 6v supply & they spin up a treat, the handset works but prodding the buttons & the motors do nothing.

• Like 1