Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Road trip in search of better Neowise photographs

Great vid Chris, thanks for sharing your night out, your enthusiasm is boundless!

I really like your last shot, the wispy clouds at the end of the comet’s tail make it look like the comet is smouldering! 

Where did you venture to for the dark skies? 

• Thanks 1

Ah thanks Rob, very kind! I've got a terrible sense of direction, especially in the dark lol, but I was in a field somewhere between Otley and Framlingham, Suffolk. I could make out the milky way which was really nice to see, so it was pretty dark....and a little scary with creatures rustling around near by lol 

9 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Otley can be pretty scary at the best of times! It’s not far out of Ipswich but feels very rural. Must venture out that way sometime. 

I felt like a was going to be attacked by a badger at any moment it was so rural :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, happy-kat said:

Thought I would share if using W10 pro then you can make a timelapse using the inbuilt movie editor.

That's cool to know, I didn't realise the Pro version had more video features. I use Movavi :)  

2 hours ago, happy-kat said:

It is very similar to Windows XP powertool Moviemaker. I mentioned the W10 pro capability because it is inbuilt so free no extra cost.

I'm not sure how many people have the pro version of windows? If most people have W10 Home? I'm guessing you would need to pay to upgrade to Pro to make use of that. 

I did down load a free time lapse program a while ago which worked well, I can't remember what it was called but I only deleted it to make room on my tiny hard drive. I really want to upgrade my laptop, I only have a Ryzen 3, 4GB of Ram, and 128GB SSD. It's very slow going for video/photo editing but probably remarkable that it can do it at all.  

11 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Great video, Chris @Lockie

You must have been dog tired after a long day at work and then observing most of the night. At least it looks like someone had done the washing up before you got home 🙂

Thanks Jeremy, I wasn't too bad thankfully, I got bed about 2am and I'm fairly used to doing night shifts. Well spotted! My wife had to juggle work and the kids whilst I was at work she did well to sort the kitchen out.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Well spotted! My wife had to juggle work and the kids whilst I was at work she did well to sort the kitchen out.  

Hats off to you both, Chris.

I think a side affect of too many Zoom meetings is I look at the background of peoples houses during meetings and videos. I hear people are choosing which books to display in their backgrounds (or not!) 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Hats off to you both, Chris.

I think a side affect of too many Zoom meetings is I look at the background of peoples houses during meetings and videos. I hear people are choosing which books to display in their backgrounds (or not!) 🙂

lol I guess it's no surprise that the new way of doing things has brought it's own set of social anxieties to worry about :D  

• Like 1