Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

neowise location/time

Just now, iwols said:

hi just wondered if there was anything that told you when neowise was visible and can it be seen with the naked eye?

Use Stellarium to see where it is, naked eye visible ATM.

Dave

• Like 1

Just now, iwols said:

thanks not used staellarium for a while will reload it 

Once downloaded Stellarium you'll probably have to download Neowise, shout if you can't figure out how to do it as its a bit confused 😂

Dave

• Like 1

well just installed and did a search for neowise and it showed up below the horizon, moved time forward and it appears to be on view when it is getting dark about 10pm is that about right?

If you have clear sky now dont bother with Stellarium ! (edit : I was too late :) ) Go out, sight on Polaris, drop down to the horizon, scan from there and right a tad.  If nice clear air it is easy even to my aged unaided eye. If the air is a bit murky then scan with binos. first.

It is circumpolar and at its lowest point about now,

Edited by Corncrake
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, iwols said:

well just installed and did a search for neowise and it showed up below the horizon, moved time forward and it appears to be on view when it is getting dark about 10pm is that about right?

sorry stellarium shows it below horizon now till 3am

well iloaded stellarium 20 put in my location and just searched for neowise and came up with the following do i have to update any info or is this correct thanks

stell.thumb.png.d1ce065a8eda007a316225666d5fadc9.png

Edited by iwols