Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2264 Christmas Tree + Cone Nebula + Some Fox Fur

SteveL

One of the longest "time on a single target" that I can remember doing, this is 5 hours of data on the Christmas Tree area, plus the Cone Nebule and some of the fox fur area. Its still quite noisy, probably due to some high cloud passing through or some other excuse (hence why its all a bit "soft"). There are also at least 2 column defects in the full size image, so need to work out how to process them out, or move over to the M25C (and fix the dewing on the external nosepiece glass).

Anyway, here is the final image. I may look at getting some Ha data on this in the near future, and add that into the mix.

OTA: Skywatcher 190mm F/5.3 Maksutov-Newtonian Astrograph

Guiding: Skywatcher ED80 + Starlight Xpress Lodestar + PHD

Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 30×600s, IDAS LPR

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: PSCS2

ngc2264_20090102_wip1_800.jpg

Well you can see the problems. I can't, except for a horizontal line about 1/6th the way down.

Looks amazing to me. I will wait to see If I can see a difference after you have corrected the anomolies you mentioned.

Ron. :thumbright:

I notice one close to the bottom and top just a thought

There was a meridian flip during this, so the line appears on both sides in the final version. T be honest, I`m not all that fussed, I was just glad to be out an imaging...

Archived