NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Swimming Sea Dragon

DaveS

Or possibly the Witch's Broom.

6 hours each HII and [OIII] in 10 min subs. TS Photoline 130mm f/7 apo, ASI1600MM-cool, 3nm Astrodon filters withy significant moonlight. Processing in AstroArt, Sigma Add stacking of each 3 hour session then added. Gradient Removal, Trichromy DDP and Histogram Stretch. Saved as JPEG.

2054248746_NewBroom66HOOGRDDPHS.thumb.jpg.894ec9bb50eea42f2a11e941d5e82606.jpg

This will have to stand for the moment until I can get [SII] which may have to wait until teh moon is out of the way. I think i've pushed the levels a bit so will have another look.

• Like 13

Thanks Gina.

Had a go at making a synthetic green from 50% each H and O but not entirely convinced. This is just DDP and Gradient Reduction with a bit of fiddling with White Balance.

1019260507_NewBroomSyntheticHubble.thumb.jpg.63f6c67929953aeca3c7a41bdde3bf42.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Carole

The first one I did a preliminary DDP to bring out the detail then used Histogram Stretch to pull up the levels, while the second just had a DDP to a lower threshold, giving a brighter but less burned out image.

• Like 1

Well done Dave. You have got allot more detail from your data then I managed in mine. There are some lovely wispy bit there.

Looking back at both images the second one certainly has more detail to my eye and screen.

Edited by spillage
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mark.

Revealing the faint wispy bits while holding back the main bright structure is a real test. Thank heavens for DDP, I'd never do it with Histogram Stretch alone.